Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

DD #2 is Anti-Cosleep

I Co-slept with my first daughter and enjoyed it for a while. DD #2 has always refused to cosleep though, she literally will not sleep, just squirm and cry! She is 6 1/2 months old now and this morning when I was trying to snuggle her she just kept squirming around and fussing so I put her back in the crib and she went right to sleep. She is not the type of child that enjoys being rocked to sleep either, she wants to breastfeed, then be put in her crib to sleep or put down on the floor to play. How can I get her to be a bit more snuggly? I think if it wasn't for breastfeeding we wouldn't get cuddle time at all

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Re: DD #2 is Anti-Cosleep

My daughter's was the same for awhile-- we just found that she got hot easy and didn't like it so we crank the AC at night or turn ont he fan and open a window--- she'll wear a dipe and a lap tee or onsie, and that's it--
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is the exact same way and the same age. He only cuddles when he eats. He is VERY squirmy. He would never co-sleep either. However, I can't get a good sleep co-sleeping so I never wanted to do it anyway. Just in the early mornings. I wouldn't try and force your daughter to be more cudley. She's her own little person and you should respect that. The more you force her to be curled in your arms the more squirmy and irritated she will probably become. My son won't fall asleep until you put him in the crib lying on his back. He screams until he's in there. As soon as I put him down he falls asleep. Other than that I don't know what to say. He's my first and I'm hoping my second will be a lot more cuddely.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
emmiebaur
Registered Users
seller

My DD was like that too! At least until she was 8 months old and started to wean herself, then she got ALL cuddly! Now whenever I pick her up she leans her head on me and wants to cuddle. But when I was still nursing 5x daily, she wanted nothing to do with me!
emmiebaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:32 AM   #5
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Well this morn it was COLD in our house cause the a/c was on too low. So when I picked her up out of her crib the poor thing was so cold. I fed her and tried to snuggle her and she'd have nothing to do with it, so I know it isn't heat. I guess I'll just have to give her time and see how it is.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:45 AM   #6
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Maybe it is just girls! lol! Just kidding. My dd was the same way and still is not a very cuddly touchy feely person. She likes her own space and even at almost 4 years old still will only sleep in her bed.

My three ds's however are very cuddly. My 2 yr old begs to sleep with me every nite and my youngest loves to sleep on me!

Every child is different and you just learn to accept that that is the way they are. Some kids just like their space!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #7
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, my 2 year old absolutely adores snuggle time and wants me to sleep in her bed every night it seems. I guess it's just another personality trait that shows exactly how different each child can be.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: DD #2 is Anti-Cosleep

My first baby wasn't cuddley. We would take her out of bed before she was awake and love on her. She was much more receptive to cuddling first thing in the morning. Hope this helps Lisa
Old 07-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #9
mama23boys
Banned
seller

my ds who is also 6.5 months has his moments of non cuddley co-sleeping. in the middle of the night he likes to eat and be put back in his bed, this was the reason i put his bed next to the wall then left an open side and shoved our bed up against his.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #10
Nikel1979
Registered Users

My ds is like that. He has to have his space to sleep. He's still not much for snuggly. Unless he's not feeling well, the best I get is him giving me a quick hug or kiss and heading on his way.