Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
DEmomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
best diaper for super-soaking, tall, skinny babies...

DD is tall and thin with thin thighs. She's a supersoaker though! What would be the best diaper for her (fitted, AIO or pocket?), do you think? I have some different kinds but am finding that she's leaking out the legs of some (even some that are side-snap). I have some mediums and some larges but the Mediums are sometimes short in the rise so I need a Large but they are too big around her legs. Any suggestions? Oh and she weighs about 18 lbs.

Oh, one more thing...no internal soakers...can't stand them as they take too long to dry!

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by DEmomof2; 07-25-2006 at 06:03 PM. Reason: changed from fitted to any diaper...
DEmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: best fitted for super-soaking, tall, skinny babies...

M/L Very Baby diapers, LOL. I've found them to be a great fit on my tall, skinny babe.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i LOVE my dream EZE dipes! They are low rise and side snap. PERFECT fit for my skinny dd too! She is almost 22mths old and maybe 22lbs at the MOST! I bought the large and they are perfect for her. THey run small IMO though
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I don't have fitteds yet, but I do AIO's and I actually have a size for all the children that are like that called L&S, or long and skinny

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

Re: best diaper for super-soaking, tall, skinny babies...

Petite FB with a cotton babies insert hold my supersoaker really well. It is basicly a medium with a large rise. Perfect fit for tall skinny babies! Bumgenius work well for you too if you are not opposed to aplix.

For fitteds, Dream-eze would probably fit well, but keep in mind that they run small. My dd is ~25 lbs and in an XL at the mid snap points. Sadly they are not absorbant enough for us at night
Old 07-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
sparkygirl74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baybee and GAD pockets fit my tall & skinny daughter great. They are both side snapping and you can stuff them more for more absorbancy.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
juniper29
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I agree about the GADs and the VB m/l! Lori at bumblebuns will do a trifold hemp soaker for the VB AI2s, which absorb a whole bunch :-) she is a doll to work with as well!!!
Hmmmm I've tried just about everything and I find that although fit is really important (I find that side snap dipes give the best fit range), if it's not stuff with enough absorbancy then they'll wick. Try GAD microfiber inserts, they are the best micro ones for my supersoakers. I just ordered from Leo baby - she has a trifold hemp insert that has microfiber on the top of it. Can't wait to try those!!!
Don't skimp through the crotch of dipes, definitely get the regular cut dipes or you will be sorry.
Dimple cheeks are great for long rises, so are a lot of the side-snapping dipes (GAD, Cloth Thoughts, Mudpies, etc).
Stick with solid PUL, no prints and only get prints with hidden PUL for show-off dipes, they will wick, but not as bad as the print PULs.
Valor-kids are great show-off side snap dipes, good for all body types and really well made.
Hmmm.....
That's all I can think of for now....if I think of anything else I will let you know!
Jen
juniper29 is offline   Reply With Quote