Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone TTC and over 40? Just wanting to hear some stories

I recently turned 40 and we needed IVF to conceive #2. I sort of dream of getting pregnant again, but don't feel as consumed by it as I was before. I would love to hear some stories though. Is anyone TTC and over 40?

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Re: Anyone TTC and over 40? Just wanting to hear some stories

TTC Crashing

I was TTC October 2013 at almost 42 and we got pg our second cycle of trying, which was a complete shock to us. We used pre-seed lubricant each BD and I feel it may have helped along with the OPK tests I bought on ebay. My DH had gone for a SA and the outcome was just good not great, but it worked out anyway, he'll be 46 this year.

Our little Robin, just turned 5 months and I turned 43 in early December. There's hope for us advanced age mamas!

I'm still on the fence about trying again, I had a c section and haven't bounced back like I'd hoped.

I was in the 30 and ttc thread briefly, but found great support there.

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 01-06-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I will be 40 on 1/17....we did IVF to get all of our children...we have 4....9.5 year old twins, 7.5 year old, lost a little boy at 24 weeks and our last will be 2 on the 25th. There were 3 m/c's index there as well.

I never EVER had regular cycles before all of the IVF and now, I've had a cycle every single month since November 2013. I'm talking unassisted, like clock work. My point in all this is NOW I dream of surprisingly getting pregnant without doctors :-)
Old 02-17-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me, I am trying! I am currently trying a medicated IUI cycle, have a female partner and am oldish, so fingers crossed. This is our first cycle trying! Trigger tonight and IUI Thursday.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #5
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks so much for sharing everyone! I really feel mixed over it. Susan- I remember you We also needed IVF to get our little guy- but I don't think I could ever go through that again, so I would need it to just happen naturally. Thanks for the reminder about Preseed- we used preseed and the cup (forgot the name) before we realized it would take IVF to get us pregnant. I think I will buy some!

Melissa- keep me posted- I hope it happens for you quick
Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #6
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Michelle-Your story is awesome!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #7
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH actually told me recently he would be willing to do IVF again if I wanted....😳. Um, no thank you....if God wants us to have a 5th child, he'll make it happen! 😊💗