Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #101
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ***Clomid Club***

A couple of questions for anyone :

1) How were you diagnosed with PCOS?
2) What were some symptoms?
3) If I have had several ultrasounds that detected 0-1 cyst-what is the likelihood of my having PCOS or is there some other test that I would HAVE to have to determine PCOS?

I have regular cycles, no painful periods, overweight and pre-diabetic. Many women in my family have had difficulty conceiving, remaining pg.

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #102
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I decided to go to a RE to get a full lab work up for PCOS 10/07'. I had read about PCOS but really didnt think I would fall into it....I didn WANT to so I didnt really look into it if that makes any sense I had several girls from another board really encourage me to go get tested....a my labs came up BAD all wacky & she also did a u/s that confrimed I hadnt O'ed that was a HORRIBLE cycle 54 days & FINALLY after Provera AF came!
The symptons can be far & few inbetween some women fit into all of them somee dont. I am a normal weight & my PCOS is NOT insulin dependant.
3) If I have had several ultrasounds that detected 0-1 cyst-what is the likelihood of my having PCOS or is there some other test that I would HAVE to have to determine PCOS?
I did have cyst as a teenager pretty bad & once inawhile get them still but on the internal u/s they didnt see any
Old 11-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #103
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tryin-Thanks I his name too I wanted something not super unorginal BUT not everyone had

Marlene-is everything ok? I saw the
Old 11-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #104
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Welcome, tryin!!!!!

I'll try to answer your questions although I don't know much about PCOS.

I was given an u/s first and told that I had cysts on one ovary. That OB wanted to do surgery and I didn't buy it. I don't usually go to the doctor and take the natural approach with most thing. I used herbs for a few months and they regulated AF but didn't help with TTC. I switched to an OB/IS and he did a BUNCH of bloodwork. The bloodwork along with the u/s showed that I do, indeed, have PCOS.

They only symptoms that I have a irregular AFs. My cycles range from 30-63 days. I do breakout and have some pain during AF.

I'm pretty sure you need bloodwork. I don't think having cysts on your ovaries is the determining factor for PCOS although it is one of the symptoms.

I also wanted to mention that my sister was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and they think my mom had it, too (she's since gone through menopause so there's no way of knowing).
Old 11-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #105
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also have heard if your Mom or sister has it you have a higher chance of having it. My Mom has 5 kids & regular periods....I couldnt tell you about my sister she was only 15 when she was killed in a car accident
Old 11-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #106
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRocks View Post
I also have heard if your Mom or sister has it you have a higher chance of having it. My Mom has 5 kids & regular periods....I couldnt tell you about my sister she was only 15 when she was killed in a car accident
OMGoodness, Roxy. I'm so sorry!!!!!

The hot flashes are really getting to me this month. It's 50* here and I feel likes it's 90*.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #107
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

roxy, sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks for answering my questions.
The RE i had a consultation with wanted me to find out if I have PCOS.
The RE did want me to do bloodwork on CD 3, but I didn't go. I'm going to see what happens with this cycle. It's hard when you have 1st time success with Clomid, because you know that it CAN work.

for right now, I'm just going to go with the ob/gyn. If this doesn't work out this cycle then i'll have to go to an RE.

marlene, i didn't know what to make of your post.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #108
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
seller

Marlene, I hope everything is ok!!!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #109
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mama's Its still extremely painfull as silly as it sounds it is true about when things like that happens it puts your life into persperctive

Tryin-I understand waiting another cycle even more so cause it has worked fro you in the past!! I am really hoping it works for me in once cycle this is one reason I am going with the HCG trigger & possible IUI to get it to work in 1 cycle!

Amanda- I am soooo sorry about the hot flashes! I havent had those yets but I am feeling like a nut case.....SUPER PARINOID!!!

Anyone use HCG trigger shot? If so how did it work?
Also anyone use the "poor man's IUI" AKA Instead cups?

Last edited by RoxyRocks; 11-03-2007 at 04:29 PM.
RoxyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #110
MJHARK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I'm fine, just no AF yet, and my 18 mo has been barfing all night the last two nights I needed to vent .....sorry to make anybody worry....

Marlene
MJHARK is offline   Reply With Quote