Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #501
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ***Clomid Club***

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sons View Post
Yeah, Krista, I had about the same with the black and then it turned to bright red like AF. That's the way it was from the very beginning. I actually was 2 months along when I found out I was pg because I had AF-like bleeding (although light) the first month.
I hope the referral mess gets straightened out so you can get some peace of mind. I'm sure nothing is wrong. I know you work in the ER and what I'm going to say is not bashing ERs in anyway. An ER is not the best place to learn that you are having a m/c. That's how I found out about mine. People racing past the room, wheeling people from ambulances, you only have a curtain to close. I was an emotional mess and I know people walking by could hear me. I'm not saying that you are having a m/c, I'm just saying that I hope the referral gets straightened out so that you can talk to you dr.

Are you on your feet a lot or doing any kind of lifting? I still say that it has to do with straining to have a BM. Even with my "normal" pgys, when I would overdue it, I would spot brown/pinkish discharge.

No offense taken..ER's are a very impersonal place for a diagnosis..and for treatment forget about it..
Anyway, here is the update I can write about it now because I'm suprisingly calm and no longer livid..
There is a new nurse at the practice that is basically an insult to all of those in her rank; she disgusts me with her lack of empathy. Anyway, I left a message this morning for the referral coordinater. And the NURSE calls me back. She said , "I don't understand why you need a new referral." I explained to her that referrals go by the ICD-9 code or a diagnosis of why it is needed when it is a specialty. I explained to her that the current one only allows GYNOLOGICAL care not obsetric. She said, "well i don't think we can do that when you got a perfectly good referral here; and you weren't pregnant last week (wednesday)". I told her that things can change in a week. Ok this pissed me off to no end...but I said nothing YET. She then goes on to say , "it sounds like you have a problem." I said yes actually I do I still haven't gotten the rx thing straightened out FROM LAST WEDNESDAY she said she took care of it.

After I got off the phone I called target and the pharmacist told me that the nurse said TO JUST GIVE ME ANY OTC PRENATAL. Ok that is not taking care of things. I need the higher amounts that are in the prenates. The pharmacist told me she's gonna take care of it because that is bull****. And she did so i now have more prenates!!.

I left a complaint on the VM of the clinical care coordinator of family practice. I feel bad but I don't because without my PCM giving me the referral I'm screwed. I have nothing against my doctor but I can't take this woman as my nurse. I am seriously considering switching to the floor above because the nurse don't work there..

I'm just freaking out because if they want levels by the time they get them back and all..then getting a referral; I won't have an appt till probably early january; I can't wait this long. the heart starts beating at 10,000mIu so essentially 5-6 wks..

Am I being unreasonable? My husband is livid about the whole situation especially the fact that the nurse's justification for not doing my referral is "because I was not pregnant last week."

I am not bleeding anymore; hopefully this lasts..

Advertisement

meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #502
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

I would be p*ssed, too. Can you switch drs? I'm all for finding a dr who will actually listen to and help with concerns. That's funny about the pharmacist. I had mine call drs on a number of occasions to straighten things out.

YAY for not bleeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and that's usually how it happens. Your not pg one week and then BAM, your pg. How is it supposed to work?!!?!?!?!?!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #503
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sons View Post
I would be p*ssed, too. Can you switch drs? I'm all for finding a dr who will actually listen to and help with concerns. That's funny about the pharmacist. I had mine call drs on a number of occasions to straighten things out.

YAY for not bleeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and that's usually how it happens. Your not pg one week and then BAM, your pg. How is it supposed to work?!!?!?!?!?!
The sad thing is its not the doctor; its her staff. Specifically her new nurse.
The clinical coordinator called this morning and tried turning it on me. I told her that I was pregnant and I can't even SET UP an appointment till I get that referral; she said that she would take care of it.

I guess what I am gonna have to do is switch doctors so that I am on the
4th floor where this nurse does not work. Or switch out entirely..but that's a PITA so probably fourth floor it is.

Had BM this morning and....NO BLOOD!!! YaY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #504
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmixx3 View Post
The sad thing is its not the doctor; its her staff. Specifically her new nurse.
The clinical coordinator called this morning and tried turning it on me. I told her that I was pregnant and I can't even SET UP an appointment till I get that referral; she said that she would take care of it.

I guess what I am gonna have to do is switch doctors so that I am on the
4th floor where this nurse does not work. Or switch out entirely..but that's a PITA so probably fourth floor it is.

Had BM this morning and....NO BLOOD!!! YaY!!!!!!!!!!
For the pita stuff w/ the drs office staff! Glad your spotting has stopped.Are you concerned the over counter prenatals don't have enough folate? I take 4 extra otc folic acid pills in addition to my prenatals to prevent any trouble and especially since Gracie had a NTD-Anecephaly.Intersting enough it still didn't prevent it w/ my pregnancy w/ her.

With my m/c at 8 weeks-I began spotting light brown-brownish pink @6.5weeks---until my scheduled 8 week trans.vag.u/s and routine first prenatal check.I'd seen the bean at 5 weeks-then the fhb at 6weeks,only to start spotting not long afterward. After a frantic call to the ob-I was reassured it was ok-maybe the cervix was sensitive because we'd had recent lovemaking.I wasn't cramping at all so we waited until my next check up.
I did lose my heart in my throat when after using the bathroom and get this ewcm blob wich was pink tinged! I just knew it was the mucus plug--dh said it was ok-but I knew.At the fated u/s there was no baby in the sack anymore(my body had absorbed it-very weird!).I had just seen my baby and hb 2 weeks before...I chose to go home to m/c.The ob was compassionate and gave me an rx for painpills.I passed the tiny sack and placenta late that evening w/ dh by my side.It was very devastating and painful-like a mini labor.I thought it was my lowest despair-since we had Finally gotten pg after 10 years of infertility.Thankfully we concieved Sarah 4 months later.
I pray this is a sticky,sticky and healthy LO!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #505
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok,here's my question ladies.Do you think I should do my opk testing in the am since the urine would be more concentrated? I have heard that afternoon pee is better-but was reading the instructions on my 2nd box(Target Brand this time)AND it said to hold pee like 4 hours+!! OMG-I go every 2 hours and am lucky to make it to 3! You can imagine what early pregnancy and late pregnancy do to my poor bladder!!

I like the Target ones better than the Answer brand ones-the dye for control and test area is so much darker.I had another second line-yet not a full+ yet.Ewcm still present-so hoping.Or it's a confusing cycle that's probably annovulatory....we'll see-either a LATE o,NO o,or af comes.Wanting this cycle over with so I can start afresh.Hoping to try a vitB complex+vitex to help aid our ttc efforts.If that doesn't get us a bfp-I will start temping.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #506
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always used afternoon pee because if you wait till morning you could miss your surge altogether.

I used to test at 11-12 in the morning and then again at 3-4pm

Good luck charlotte ! I'm rooting for you!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #507
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Krista! I'm not giving up!! There's a lot of bfps coming up around the ttc threads!!Hope the goodluck rubs off on me too...

Hope your feeling ok- Did you break the news to your dh yet?Hope your m/s isn't too bad and you have a great 9 months.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #508
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmixx3 View Post
I've always used afternoon pee because if you wait till morning you could miss your surge altogether.

I used to test at 11-12 in the morning and then again at 3-4pm

Good luck charlotte ! I'm rooting for you!
I did the same, Charlotte, only I tested at 1 and then again at 6.

Good luck!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #509
katina128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just used the Target ones and liked them a lot. I tested 2x a day, and got my + yesterday afternoon.

WAHM behind Lullaby Diapers Portfolio

katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #510
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katina128 View Post
I just used the Target ones and liked them a lot. I tested 2x a day, and got my + yesterday afternoon.
Now go get your man for some seriose bding!!