Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #971
Haleybailey
Registered Users
seller

Re: ***Clomid Club***

Name: Haley
DH: Joel
Children: None
Fertility Hurdles: PCOS
BC: Nuva Ring
TTC: 20 Months
Meds: about to go on metformin and possibly clomid

Hi everone! I am about to go on metformin on Friday, and trying to get my RE to perscribe Clomid. Are RE's known for giving clomid? My insurance wont cover infertility, but will cover an RE, so Im hoping I can get it through her. Anybody have any luck with this? TIA

Advertisement

Hi I'm Haley, wife to Joel. TTC #1 With PCOS. Going through acupunctureand clomid to build our family! Cloth diapering, tandem baby wearing and signing Nanny to baby D & M (Sept 2012)
Haleybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #972
Teahya&nikolais_mommy
Registered Users
seller

Name: Amanda
BDing partner/DH: wayne
Children: DD 6-4-08 and DS 4-22-10
Fertility hurdles(cause they CAN be jumped over!): hasimottos , and lack of ovulation
Months TTC: 9 months
Meds: clomid 50 mg
Amanda : , baby wearing, non circing SHAM to Teahya::6-4-08 and Nikolai4-22-10 andwith #3 Markus Anthony and #4 Marius asher
Teahya&nikolais_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #973
shastalocke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is this group still going??? I could really use you. I took Clomid (50 mg - 2 cycles) to conceive DS Steven in 2008. Now I am on my 3rd cycle again (up to 150 mg now...will start on CD3-7) and have had to take Provera each time. Frustrating since it worked on lowest dosage the 1st time...and now I can't seem to get my progesterone up. Anybody have the same problem (and hopefully find success)?
shastalocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #974
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

What are your progesterone levels? Are they high enough to show that you are ovulating? Just not exactly where they should be? If so, have they considered adding prometrium, instead of just upping the dose? When I took femara, my progesterone was 19. I def ovulated but my doc added prometrium bc it wasn't where she wanted it.

Cindy
Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #975
shastalocke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
What are your progesterone levels? Are they high enough to show that you are ovulating? Just not exactly where they should be? If so, have they considered adding prometrium, instead of just upping the dose? When I took femara, my progesterone was 19. I def ovulated but my doc added prometrium bc it wasn't where she wanted it.

Cindy
Thanks for the suggestion. My progesterone levels have been less than 1 each time...really frustrating. With my son, 50 mg was enough to get my levels up to like 15! Strange how your body reacts (or doesn't) so differently at different times.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #976
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry. Yes, that indeed means you are not ovulating. Have they checked any of your other hormones to see if anything else might be up?

Cindy
Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #977
shastalocke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No they haven't...in fact I haven't even actually seen my dr. in person since I started on clomid again this time. I think that if my levels are low again this cycle I am going to request that I come in and we talk about options. The nurses have been wonderful whenever I have had a question and they call me promptly with my bloodwork results. If I do go and meet with her, I'll be sure to ask if there are some other tests that we should do.

Thanks again...you've been really helpful.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #978
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Good luck! :-)
Old 12-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #979
shastalocke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello again ladies - I'm not sure if this has been covered before or not, so I thought I would ask...

Have any of you experienced severe ovary pain during your cycle when taking clomid??? The pain is just RADIATING from my ovarian region and it's to the point it's almost making me nauseous. It's definitely more concentrated on the left side but like I said, it also just radiates. I've had some ovary pain before but not to this extent...I am on 150 mg this month for the first time.

I take my clomid CD 3-7 and am currently on day 15 with no positive on my OPK...do you think that I might still ovulate, just late, because of this pain or is it something I should call my doc about??? I have a consultation appointment with her but not until mid-January because she's so booked up (except for Emergency openings).

Any advice/experience you all have would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #980
shastalocke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Re: ***Clomid Club***

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastalocke View Post
Hello again ladies - I'm not sure if this has been covered before or not, so I thought I would ask...

Have any of you experienced severe ovary pain during your cycle when taking clomid??? The pain is just RADIATING from my ovarian region and it's to the point it's almost making me nauseous. It's definitely more concentrated on the left side but like I said, it also just radiates. I've had some ovary pain before but not to this extent...I am on 150 mg this month for the first time.

I take my clomid CD 3-7 and am currently on day 15 with no positive on my OPK...do you think that I might still ovulate, just late, because of this pain or is it something I should call my doc about??? I have a consultation appointment with her but not until mid-January because she's so booked up (except for Emergency openings).

Any advice/experience you all have would be greatly appreciated!!
UPDATE: As it turns out...I got a positive on my OPK this morning!! (Day 17). Super excited as this is definitely progress! I guess all that pain and sickness was worth it. Fingers crossed my progesterone levels are up SIGNIFICANTLY next Monday when I go in for bloodwork