Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
ashcordes
Registered Users

What brand of bottle & paci would you recommend?

Just wondering gals, for those of you who breastfeed, but also pump to allow your husband to be able to feed as well, what brand of bottle do you use? Also, what brand of paci do you recommend?

Thanks!

Advertisement

ashcordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #2
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

Re: What brand of bottle & paci would you recommend?

Whichever your child will take, lmbo. Really though there's no way to know. I think someone needs to get into the business of selling packs of different bottles to try with children.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my son never "took" the paci; but for teething the soothies were a lifesaver.He could chew on all parts of it because it is from the same material.
I can't help on the bottles though sorry.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
wendyroo2001
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

don't know about the pacifier but we used Soothie bottles from Walmart, they were wonderful. The nipple was small enough that it didn't overwhelm her even when she was a newborn, and the wide mouth bottle makes them supper easy to clean. they also sell narrow mouth soothie nipples at my walmart, which are also nice cause they are the same nipple but fit on the bottles that fit my pump.

If you are looking into storing BM, We got the playtex one step storage system (actually a couple of them) and they ROCK. You pump into the bag and put the seal on top and put it in the freezer, then you take it out and put the playtex nipple on it and you're ready to go, no washing bottles, only nipples. those nipples were good for her once she was a couple months old, but at first even the 0-3 month playtex nipples were too much for her. HTH!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

i highly reccomed playtex natural latch nipples/bottles( they are the rubber kind, NOT the clear silicone kind)

and I think Playtex *binky's* is the paci's I use or anything shaped like that (soothies paci's too...but they are silicone and some babies dont' like them, my Cohen didn't either which is why we use the binky's...they are rubber tipped.)

I have found that using nuk's has caused my baby to latch incorrectly on the breast after sucking one, hence why I do NOT use them...

and those nipples are the best for bottles because the flow is slower like that of an actual breatfeeding.

I LOVE Avent bottles, jsut because they are cute and easy to clean *rofl* but their newborn nipples make the flow come out SUPER fast, causing choking, gas, etc., so I wait to use them until baby is older...say 6 months or so when I start solids.

My m/w suggested the playtex size 0 natural latch after my last baby and our latch issues lasted less than a week ( I have to supplement btw, I have breast issues, so my babies have to have bottles from the get go...)
GL! pm me if you need any help
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used Avent Bottles and Playtex nuks. worked like a charm for me and still do!!
Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #7
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used the Avent bottles and didn't have any problems with nipple confusion or anything like that. But The Kid was a boobman from the getgo, lol. I can't offer you any paci help since he never took one. But in a pinch, your husband can always use a clean pinky finger.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiding57 View Post
Whichever your child will take, lmbo. Really though there's no way to know. I think someone needs to get into the business of selling packs of different bottles to try with children.

I didn't want to use Nuk at all but that wound up being the paci DD liked best, and the Nuk bottles are the only ones she'll use at all. DS only liked NAM pacis. He did great with the plain old Gerber & Evenflo bottles, but never liked the Avent ones I tried with him.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #9
sweetietooth
I *heart* fresh fluff.
seller

Soothie. Was the only paci he'd take - they make bottles, too!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both of my kids have only used soothie pacis. We didn't use bottles much, but when we did, we just used the small medela ones from the hospital with nuk nipples. We never had any latch problems from pacis or bottles in 24 mos. of nursing.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote