Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pls help me turn off the fountain in DD's butt! MORE HELP NEEDED!

I have never had any leaks w/ our trusty FBs and all of a sudden DD's soaking out the back ou them w/in minutes of me changing her.
The only thing that's changed in her sleep position--she sleeps on her back now (whereas she used to be propped on her side before we stopped swaddling her). I've changed the sheets 5x since yest. The back of her shirt is soaked and right after I put a new FB on her (we stuff w/ either a JB or a MOE) she was lying in a sm. puddle. I felt the JB and it's soaked everywhere but the very front. But I JUST changed it!
Could it be that she's instantly become a heavy wetter??
I've washed the FBs countless times in hot water w/o detergent, hand-scrubbed w/ Dawn then washed a million times more...and even boiled, then washed them again, so I'm thinking it isn't repelling. I thought maybe I hadn't tucked the JB in all the way in the back, but was careful to check that this time and she still leaked thru.
What to do? I've also noticed the poo shooting out the top back of her sm. AWs and was wondering if maybe her rise has shot up (and she's soaking those too--without the hemp soakers getting wet at all...but I think the AWs need to be waterproofed.)
So, what is it? Is she peeing harder? Heavier? Is her rise too short? (She's on the 2nd to last thigh snap and the tightest waist snap--I worry that a med. will be too big.)
I could've stuffed her FBs w/ a piece of toiled paper and she would never leak, but now, she's putting the trusty JBs to the test. HELP!!!

Ok, so last night I used MOE on top of hemp and STILL had to change DD and the sheets 3x last night. Only the stuffin' near the back of the dipe was wet. I suspected the dipes were repelling (as if the liquid was only getting to the insert via the pocket) and stuck my hand in the pocket then ran water over the fleece. In the front, the liquid NEVER came thru the fleece.
That's repelling, right?
I don't know what to do about it if it is... I have washed on hot, hot, hot at least 12x w/ no detergent. I've scrubbed w/ Dawn. I even boiled the dipes. There's got to be something I can do! We have a ton of FBs, but are using Berry Plush at night till we figure out what's going on w/ the FBs--and that's leaving me w/ no daytime dipes. What to do???

Advertisement

Last edited by beenwaitingalongtime; 07-27-2006 at 10:46 AM. Reason: update
beenwaitingalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pls help me turn off the fountain in DD's butt!

I'm not a lot of help, since my ds isn't a super-heavy wetter. Have you tried putting a micro insert on top of a hemp?? Maybe that would help?

Or, you could be a fb doubler (on top of your regular insert), but place it more towards the back, rather than stuffed up front...

Hmm. It doesn't sound like repelling, since the insert is so wet! I wonder if she just pees too fast for hemp. Does the same thing happen with micro? I guess I'd just try the combo...

Good luck! That's frustrating!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
lararum
Banned

With the poo shooting up the back, sounds like the rise is getting too short.
That was always an indicator we needed to size up.
Good luck.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for our heavy wetter, we use 2 joey bunz in the matching size ( med jb for med fb) , and a micro insert on top of that. stuff it in there good and fasten snugly. We never have nightime leaks anymore.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:19 PM   #5
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I have a super soaker 9 month old and she changes sleep positions all night from side, to tummy, to back. We don't use FB anymore because of the leaks, but when they still worked for us, we always had to use 2 inserts (6 layers of protection). Now that she needs 3, it is much easier to stick to my aio's now. I think you might need more inserts.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like you need more absorbancy and maybe to move up to the next size. Try using JB with a MOE on top of it , if that doesn't work its time for mediums. I had similar issues right before we move to med.s. Even though the smalls weren't too small yet the mediums just worked better. HTH
Old 07-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #7
MammRen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We learned the hard way that although hemp is very absorbant, micro absorbs faster. I agree also with the size issue. size up esp. for night time. We use one premium prefold with a micro on top in an XL over night and my toddler stays dry all night.

The micro over the hemp is also good. Micro catches pee very fast... the hemp will absorb tons!!!

Hope that helps..
Karen
MammRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #8
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pls help me turn off the fountain in DD's butt! MORE HELP NEEDED!

Bump for more help
Old 07-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Help?! Nightime's approaching...
Old 07-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Read this link, she just posted today. I don't think it will help you by tonight though....

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25760
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote