Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
How long do you let them CIO?

I watch a 7m old little girl, have been watching her since she was 5 months old... In previous threads I have told her story of how she cries/screams, and just yells all day long.. The only time she is quiet is when she is sleeping or eating.. Other then that she screams... Gesh I wish I could show you guys a video of her screaming the way she does.. But in fear of her mother some how finding out I exposed her child to the world, nah I wont do that...

SO how long do you let a child just cry it out.. I have tried everything, and I mean everything.. She has been teething and cut to two top teeth this past week, but she acts like its more..

When I leave the room she screams high pitch... But right now I am sitting here in the play room and she is just screaming and then she will stop and start playing then start screaming again... If I walk away from the room for a min she screams.. Always has... i feel like she just wants me to hold her all the time, but I know her mom does not do that all night??

Any suggestions.. I hate to put her in the playpen and let her scream it out cause its lasts HOURS!!!!

Her mother is not breast feeding anymore, said it was to much trouble pumping.. Her mom is a child phscologist (SP) and claims there is nothing wrong with her child??? I'm about to tell her mom that come the holidays she is going to need to find a new sitter, cause I cant deal with a screaming child that i cant soothe, and be preggers.. ( we are wanting to get preggers soon)

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long do you let them CIO?

put her in a back carry and stay busy, see if that helps. Otherwise its not fair to the child for you to keep her, so I think telling the mom to look elsewhere may be in everyone's best interest
Old 10-23-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like the start of separation anxiety.

Wear her, don't leave her alone and don't let her CIO.
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
mommy2abigail
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm going through the same thing. The baby I sit for is 6 months, and cries all. the. time. She is never just content. My poor 2.5 year old spends the day wandering around the house saying "Baby K is crying mama. Baby K is crying. Make her feel better mama." My sling/mei tai/wraps have been my lifesavers. She still cries when I put her in them, but at least I am holding her, and can still do other things. Eventually after about 45 minutes she will fall asleep. BUT this happens everyday I watch her, which thankfully is only 2x a week. I have talked with her mom about it and asked for suggestions. She always skirts around the issue, so I think they CIO, which would explain why she gets soooo worked up in a frenzy in .002 seconds. All I can say, is just wear her as much as possible, and try to keep calm (I know, easier said than done!) We go outside quite a bit, to the park. Seeing the other kids is soothing and entertaining to her, plus nice fresh air. Even if the weather is cruddy, we go somewhere indoors, the mall play area, library storytime, playdate ect. I have to be around other people, it helps me stay calm and collected. HTH
mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I think, as I have said in previous threads you have posted about this child, that you really need to tell the mother to find a new sitter. It doesn't sound like you like her very much, and although I don't really blame you, its not in anyone's best interest for you to be keeping her with her screaming 24/7.

Now, so you don't think I am being too much of a b****, let me tell you: Henry is a screamer, a whiner, and generally annoying a lot of the time. Until he was 3 months old he would scream his little head off unless he had a boob in his mouth. So, we nursed 20+ hours a day. Now, he is teething and he is constantly whiny and screaming and he won't nap. He doesn't want to be held, he doesn't not want to be held, nothing makes him happy, kwim? Well, he is MY SON, and I love him more than life itself, but still, there are days that I don't particularly like him. And he's my kid. I can't imagine having 1/10 of the paitience for someone else's child that I do for my own. So, like I said, no judgement and I'm not trying to sound harsh when I tell you I really think the mama of this kid needs to find a new sitter.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I mentioned to the mama, I wear her when she cries.. I have a sling, and a mei tei... And I was lent a back carrier cause my back is hurting like hell from front carrying... So I have been carrying her in that one to.. She still screams top of her lungs when I do that.... I put her in it, she cries...

Its not that i dont like the baby girl, how can you not like a child... Its just I cant figure her out??? I'm more worried about her then anything... I started to cry the other day, cause I just cant figure out what is wrong with her.???

I honestly think its seperation anxiety not sure??? Or cause her mama does not nurse anymore??? She sees me nurse Jayden and screams louder.. Kinda like she misses it or wants what he has... Its hard on all of us..

I have given the mama till xmas I only thought that was fair... I have planted the seed on that she is unhappy here... We will see if she pursues anyone else...

I tell her mama she does not nap well here, we are not sure?? I do everything that her mama does with her at home?? Play music, fan, white noise, swaddling, even the same crib toys??? security blanket etc... We still cant figure out why she wont sleep at my house??

Thanks for all the advice... NO feelings hurt PP... I just wanted to see if anyone else ever experienced a child like this.. I have always watched very easy going children.. This one has stumped me and my whole family...
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
chasondreams
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have a little nephew like that.
im sorry mama. its tough.
my daughter is the opposite.
I have no advice, just
Old 10-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont know that I could ever watch other people's kids. Kudos to you for having to deal with that .
Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
Corey3739
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please don't let her CIO Maybe her tummy hurts - have you talked to the mom about how she acts at home? My niece screamed all of the time until they switched formulas.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie'sMom View Post
Sounds like the start of separation anxiety.

Wear her, don't leave her alone and don't let her CIO.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote