Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:
Wool recommendations

So... I was initially against wool, but after some research and thinking (and discussing with my partner), we've decided to take the plunge. I have been told to purchase 2 wool covers and then we'll go from there.

Basically... I do not want to pay an arm and a leg for the covers... I would PREFER that they were already washed and lanolized prior to getting to me.

Any suggestions? Also, which products would you recommend for washing and lanolizing?

I have seen a Babyology Wool Soaker on Ebay (brand new, from the Babyology store) and Llamajamas. Are these good brands? Which brands come pre-lanolized AND are easily accessible? I don't have time to hunt or wait around for one.

My daughter is 3 months old, weighs a little over 14 lbs and is around 25" long. She has fairly chubby thighs and a belly, but has a small butt. Heh. She sleeps on her back or her side (she just started flipping from back to front on Saturday) and is a fairly heavy wetter.

Advertisement

MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
PKat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool recommendations

If you want them for night I would stay away from the babyology ones we had one pair that were NOT night worthy for us. Our night worthy longies tend to be any crocheted ones or ones knit with bulky wool (I have a heavy wetter as well).

As for finding some good wool go check out the all things wool on FSOT -- you can usually get some great deals there and most mama's will either have already washed and lanolized or if you ask nice will do it for you. Plus I find that my broken in wool works better.

As for wash I use Sudz n' Dudz bars and Eucalan liquid wash. But I know that there are a lot of great WAHM made wool washes out there.

Mary Kate - knitting mama to three girlies!
PKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i love kozy designs, theyre affordable and come with cute designs .
thicker ones ive tried and loved are gmww and wolf woolies, i got them off fsot, most wool i love i cant afford so i stick with the fsot here..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
jenmamahen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I had to get rid of all but one brand of my wool covers, Aristocrats are what I'd keep. I love their soakers. Nora is a very heavy wetter and she has never peed through her Crats. You can find them for good prices on FSOT---I have 4 of them and the most I paid for one was $14. I'm planning to get some of their longies now that cooler weather is here.

I use Northern Essence wool wash products, but she's closed until November.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend recycled wool as it is affordable and does the same job or better. Check out FSOT. You can find stuff for $10 or less.

I use Lansinoh for lanolizing and London Frogg wooly wash bars.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
reefchild
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama22boys View Post
I would recommend recycled wool as it is affordable and does the same job or better. Check out FSOT. You can find stuff for $10 or less.

i was planning to buy an aristocrat, but bought some $4 recycled longies instead. They are working fabulously, and saved me a bunch of money!

In warmer weather, we used a Loveybums interlock wrap. That cover never leaked on us, and ds is a supersoaker.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #7
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I've been looking at FSOT for a couple of days now and nothing is popping up. Are those Kozy Designs wool soakers night-worthy? We'll basically only be using wool at night.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equivocal View Post
I've been looking at FSOT for a couple of days now and nothing is popping up. Are those Kozy Designs wool soakers night-worthy? We'll basically only be using wool at night.
I've heard that they are not nightworthy, but I suppose that depends on your LO.

You can find recycled longies on HC. Here are few stores I've purchased from. You can also do a search on HC for recycled wool and lots of stuff comes up. Good luck!
http://hyenacart.com/jenncatsmeow/
http://hyenacart.com/butterflybunz/
Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
ypperin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I PM'd you a link for a Disana on FSOT They are amazing for nights If it fits that is
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypperin View Post
I PM'd you a link for a Disana on FSOT They are amazing for nights If it fits that is
Thanks so much. I'm not 100% sure if they'll fit or not, but am going to measure DD tomorrow (she's asleep now) to see if they will!