Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
lissa~K
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another Vacc Thread - more ??'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyday27 View Post
Who all waits until after 2yrs to vacc? Even then what schedule do you follow-all the vaccs or a few? How do you get caught up after 2yrs? I wish the answer would just come to me, this is like a full time job researching (but well worth it I'll add).
Actually the longer you wait the less vaccines are needed for immunity, so there isn't really any catching up. Some will require less shots and some aren't required at all after a certain age.

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

I second the recommendation on The Vaccine book. The author actually addresses this very concern in the book.

In the book he says that the manufacturing process and ingredients of the majority of combo shots are the same as if they were given separately (he states they are "identical to the sum of their parts" with two exceptions:

-Comvax (Hep B and HIB combo vax by Merck) has 225 micrograms of aluminum but giving the Merck brands of Hep B and HIB separately has 475 micrograms of aluminum.

-Pentacel (Dtap, HIB and polio combo vax by Sanofi Pasteur) was a lot more aluminum (1500 micrograms) than the sum of its components given separately. Of the indiviudal Sanofi Pasteur shots only the Dtap has aluminum (330) so giving the combo exposes the infant to five times more aluminum

As far as mercury I don't think giving the shots separately would expose them to more of it. The amount (if any) is so minute that I don't think that would make much of a difference.
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The other thing to keep in mind is that with vax's like MMR there is no mercury at all anyway, it is a live virus vaccine. So if you wanted to seperate those (which are the most common ones to seperate) your child would not be getting more or less mercury as there is none. The same is true for any live virus vaxes. I think they have one out now that combines MMR and Varicella, so you could have 4 seperate injections and still not be getting any more or less mercury. Just thought I would toss that out there.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #14
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyday27 View Post
Who all waits until after 2yrs to vacc? Even then what schedule do you follow-all the vaccs or a few? How do you get caught up after 2yrs? I wish the answer would just come to me, this is like a full time job researching (but well worth it I'll add).

The Vaccine book gives several different schedules. One if you only want "the important vaccines", another if you want to start later and get all of them, and one if you want to start later and only get "the important ones".

It's so great because that book has all the information you need in an easy to read/follow/understand format. I was driving myself crazy doing research in 127847 million places from 237823 different people. This guy has devoted his life to this research for 13 years and presents it in an unbiased way (i swear! he really did!).

I say all parents should read this book. Pro vax, anti vax, or in between, there is something to be learned in this book.
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #15
Shawna in CA
Registered Users

My Mood:

[QUOTE=baby1577;2015670]The very best resource you can find IMO, is "The Vaccine Book". It just came out last week, and it has all the info you need to make an educated decision. The best $15 I ever spent.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Thanks for the direct link! Can't wait to order that one!
Shawna in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #16
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

I suspect that what the doctor meant about the two month old is that it woulnd't have died if it's parent had been vaccinated. Babies are protected by those around them being vaccinated, not by their own vaccinations as those often come aftertimes of high susptability.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #17
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissa~K View Post
Actually the longer you wait the less vaccines are needed for immunity, so there isn't really any catching up. Some will require less shots and some aren't required at all after a certain age.
Yes, but what about school requirements? Won't they all be needed once he hits school age? What happens then you start the vacc schedule or just do a few? I'm confused...
~always ISO Amazon & iTunes GCs~
hollyday27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #18
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No child has to be vaccinted to go to school. Well, unless you send them to a private school and those can work with you or refuse. No public school can though. You just need to look into your state exemptions, all states have at least one of the three; Philisophical, Religious, Medical.

And waiting until after the kid is 2 is great! But it's still shoving the toxins into them, just giving them a bit more time to develop their immune system. So you need to look at what vaccines you're really thinking of getting and why. Then decide.

We don't do any vaccines and have no plans on any right now. Who knows. I'm in no hurry at all to decide. I am 99% positive he won't have a single vaccine until he's 13 or older.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:00 PM   #19
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and my fave vaccine book (actually it's only a chapter in a book) is Natural Baby & Childcare by Dr. Lauren Feder. Awesome chapter!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #20
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I looked up the IL exemption laws for you. It looks like you will need to file a religious exemption if you plan to send your child to a public school. We intend on doing the same for our children here in Texas.

http://www.909shot.com/state-site/Illinois.htm

Quote:
The provisions of this Act shall not apply if:

1. The parent or guardian of the child objects thereto on the grounds that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with his religious tenets or practices or,
Always remember that it is YOUR child in question, and you have every right to make a decision that isn't kosher with the government or a Dr. At first I was really scared about going against the grain, but the more I educate myself the more confident I become. My son doesn't belong to the government or any doctor. He is MINE!
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote