Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #21
katt
Registered Users

Re: Another Vacc Thread - more ??'s

oh... sometimes the disease is attenuated (?) 'killed' in some form of mercury so even if they aren't preserved in mercury, there is still lots of exposure to it.

Advertisement

katt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #22
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Another Vacc Thread - more ??'s

Last edited by daddyn4wisechix; 10-24-2011 at 11:01 AM.
daddyn4wisechix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #23
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im in Illinois too (5 minutes from the city) and if i decide not to homeschool, we will be taking a religious exemption from vaccines. your child does NOT have to have vaccines in order to attend public schools (private schools make their own rules, so thats different)
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just one thing to add - they cannot ask you your religion or anything about it, either

Mama, I just want to say good for you for doing your research. It is overwhelming and scary, but you need to trust your instincts.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #25
Ceridwen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyday27 View Post
She said if I decide not to vacc they require that I sign a waiver that is kept in the chart - I'm looking forward to reading what that says!

http://www.vaclib.org/legal/donotsign.htm

http://www.petitiononline.com/aclu6066/petition.html

Here are 2 links to check out before you sign the waiver

Last edited by Ceridwen; 10-27-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Ceridwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:50 AM   #26
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I vax. I want my kids to be protected against those diseases.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #27
pigletmsu
Registered Users

I was looking into this and according to Michigan law, here are the required vaccs. http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Sc...s_170324_7.pdf

Hmmm...they recently changed the law because when I called the health department last spring, only 3 shots were required, MMR, chicken pox and DTaP. Anyway, something else to note is that in some schools, if there is an outbreak of a disease your child is not immunized against, they can disclude your child from school.

My dr does not administer any vaccs with thimerasol. He only orders the ones that are mercury-free. So it's a little less scary to vacc.

I'm actually a partial immunizer. I pick the ones are the most likely to be an issue and do a slower, wait longer to start schedule. So I do Hib, DTaP, and delay the MMR. I know Hib doesn't seem like such a big deal to most people, but my DH got meningitis 3 years ago and I was so thankful I had opted to vacc my DS against it and that I'd gotten vacced in college after a mini-outbreak and 3 kids got meningitis at my college.

That said, I have never had issues with drs giving me a hard time about not vaccinating. Infact, both of the peds we've used agreed with me. I am not against Hep B or chicken pox completely. Just not when they are babies. I have been vacced for Hep B, but not until high school when I started traveling to remote parts of 3rd world countries on mission trips and was more likely to be exposed to it. So with that one I am going to wait until there is an actual need for it. With Chicken pox, I'd rather my kids get it on their own, but if they haven't by the time they are 8, I will consider it based on the newer research. I just really don't trust newer vaccines that haven't been tested for very long.
pigletmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #28
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletmsu View Post

My dr does not administer any vaccs with thimerasol.

yeah, our doc has known for a while that thimerasol isn't safe. We vax what she recommends.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #29
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinClothBunz View Post
yeah, our doc has known for a while that thimerasol isn't safe. We vax what she recommends.

This isn't snarky at all, I really am curious.

Have you looked into the ingredients in the vaccines you're giving your kiddos?
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #30
AcaciaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Our doc told us that when you seperate vaccs that are normally combined it creates higher mercury content, in other words the seperate vaccs have more mercury, how do I find out if that is that ture?
At this point the only pediatric vaccines with thimerosal in them are the flu shots (except FluMist and the single-dose vials of Fluzone) and the Tripedia brand of DTaP.

Quote:
I also asked for her to mail me the inserts from the vaccs, and this is where she got a little annoyed with me. Did I do the right thing??
You have every right to request them. You can also download them from this site:
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm

Quote:
She said if I decide not to vacc they require that I sign a waiver that is kept in the chart - I'm looking forward to reading what that says!
This is probably the waiver they will have you sign:
http://cispimmunize.org/pro/Medical%...ate%20Form.pdf

Just be aware that you have the right to alter the waiver before signing, and it is not a legally binding document. Like the line that states "I know that failure to follow the recommendations about vaccination may endanger the health or life of my child and others with which my child might come into contact." lots of parents cross out that line because its a bunch of nonsense...and is saying that you are knowingly endangering your child.

Quote:
The doc also said that they had a 2mo old die of pertussis last year from non-vacc parents and "that baby shouldn't have died" is what he said. Makes me scared! Especially since I have a baby in the sick season, you know?
Babies don't get their first DTaP dose until 2 months anyway and (as stated in the package insert) it takes 3 doses of DTaP until they will have any measurable amount of immunity to pertussis. Even if the parents vaxed exactly according to the AAP's schedule, the baby wouldn't have been adequately protected until 6 months. And even then, pertussis is only really dangerous during the first 6 months of life (in a healthy baby) so, vaccinated or not, prevention is crutial during those first 6 months when the vaccine won't really protect them anyway.

Quote:
One more thing... does anyone have any resources for non-vax support in your community? How would I go about finding any info??
Yep here ya go:
http://www.vaccineawareness.org/
AcaciaR is offline   Reply With Quote