Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: what nursing pillow did you like?

my breast friend is better than the boppy IMO

Had the MBF w/ my first DD and loved it but I accidentally left it in storage (in another state) when Dd #2 was born, but our hospital gave Bf moms a boppy. It was too fluffy and made DD too high up, also ended up making her have upset tummy because it kept her feet and lower body too even w/ tummy so she had some backup and gas problems. Once we went to a reg throw pillow she was better. So if you can't get a my breast friend I say buy or use a small throw pillow instead. The boppy is great for letting the baby "situp".

That reminds me, I need to find that and wash the cover. New baby is coming in a couple of months.

Advertisement

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #12
tanyaandallie
Registered Users

I have/had both. I liked the boppy ok but always had a problem with the baby slipping down on it.

I LOVED the mbf. It's really an awesome pillow. It attaches to your body, is very supportive, the top is flat and the baby never ever slips down. I highly recommend them!

old ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=5132.0
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

I think all the "nursing" pillows are a waste of money. Best bet: invest in some nice, quality pillows that you like, including one or two that SMUSH well!

Then smush the pillows as you like for nursing, and also enjoy whatever sleep you can get.
bundeleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #14
jaci_hutton
Registered Users
seller

ok I must be weird .. I really like my boppy .. .. I havent tried anything else though .. I either use my boppy or just a regular pillow .. never had problems with mine "caving" in .. but maybe thats just because dd is just now 10lbs .. .. with DS my friend made me a "boppy" .. and I used it for my son and then also with dd until she was about a month old .. and then dh accidentally ripped it ..
Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #15
Candy
Registered Users
seller

I loved the MBF. Thanks to Mom2Taylor's advise when I had DD. I used my Boppy for support when DD was learning to sit up.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #16
clothdiaperoutlet
Registered Users

My Mood:

I, too, really like my boppy. I have two: one I got new that I use in a chair with arms and one old deflated one that I got used. I use that one for nursing at the computer. Because it's a little flat, it works nicely on top of the desk and I can type with both hands. My dd is 12 1/2 months old, 22 pounds, and we still use our boppies! (And I'm not a skinny minny, either. I'm a nice round size 16!) So I guess it's whatever works for you. I can't use my boppy in bed or on the couch, I have to have something for it to prop on, like the arms of the recliner. Then I recline in it to get the right height for nursing. Very comfy and yes, I slept that way a lot in the beginning!
girl July 2005 ~ boy June 2010 ~ boy #2 March 2013

Serving families since 2005!
clothdiaperoutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #17
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have both the Boppy and My Brest Friend pillows and I like them both. I am a small person so I like the way that the Boppy fits, but I also really like the way that the MBF straps around your waist.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
mommypooh
Registered Users

okay I seem to be in the minority. I LOVED MY BOPPY. It was so great that I bought two of them. I still have them and use them. I hated a regular pillow. I never tried anything else becaue the boppy worked so well for me. I even used it for tandem nursing my almost 2 year old and newborn. It was great. I am not a small person either I am 5'4" and 220 lbs. So I am fluffy. I like the fact that the pillow really puffed up after washing and drying it so it was like brand new and since I had 2 of them and kids who puked on them regularly, they were washed weekly and were always like new. They are still in great shape 3 years later.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #19
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

me too much more comfy and the resale is great too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandle
I LOVE the my breast friend pillow... love love love it.
hate hate hate the boppy
Old 07-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #20
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i bought a used boppy and i used it for a bit but i found my own pillows to work so much better then anything out there!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote