Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:29 AM   #21
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Re: what nursing pillow did you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandle
I LOVE the my breast friend pillow... love love love it.
hate hate hate the boppy
I loved this one too when Grace was little!!!

I felt like a super hero when I strapped it on!

Advertisement

scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:45 PM   #22
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

My Boppy got most of its use as a neck pillow while I was in labor...

I tried using it to nurse, but even though I'm small (5'7 and 125) I had a hard time getting it around me well, and it would be too high, or too low. Went with either laying down to nurse or just a regular pillow for a while, then switched to just propping my elbow on my knee (sitting cross legged) or the arm of the chair. Boppy is good for supporting baby while they learn to sit up, though!

I probably won't use anything with my next one, but I'll still take the Boppy along as a neck pillow - it worked great!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM   #23
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry but I have to chime in that just because a nursing pillow was a waste of money for you, doesn't mean it is for others. My DD had serious latching issues and after struggling with my boppy, my bed pillows, better pillows, stiff pillows, any pillow I could get my hand on, I finally broke down and bought a MBF pillow and her latch was better instantly.

Maybe because it's my first time BFing, but I think we'd still be fighting the latch problem if I hadn't invested (though not much, I bought it used)
trashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:18 PM   #24
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

I like my boppy...I don't use it all the time as DS is pretty big and I often just lay him on my lap, put a pillow under his head and nurse away. When he was younger, I had problems having the boppy elevated enough for him and had to cross my legs or put a pillow under one side to elevate his head. I like it better now. I think part of that is just the learning curve of any new product combined with learning to feed your babe.

My boppy has no problems with "deflating". I bought my the pillow and cover at PBK. It's very soft and the pillow is extremely lofty (maybe too much so). My friends boppys are both deflated, but theirs are the normal ones from BRU...HTH!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #25
halyled
Registered Users
seller

I have the boppy and the my brest friend pillow, and I like both for different purposes.

I started off with the boppy, but ds was too small when first born and kept sliding into the gap between me and the pillow. So I bought the my brest friend pillow, which worked better while he was small. You have to be careful with that one though...I was always nervous he was going to roll off the thing because it's so stiff. Now that he's bigger, the boppy works better for us.

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #26
jee_jee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

another vote for the my brest friend, cool prints available and the cushion is sturdy... you'll find tho that you wont need a pillow at all once the baby is big enough to just lay on your lap. So you can sell it and get back at least half your money , or you can just buy a nice used one. I just bought one from my local consignment kids store for $8. SCORE!!!!!
jee_jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #27
Natrat80
Registered Users
seller

I liked my boppy fine. Never used MBF though. I only used the boppy for the first few months, after that I didn't use anything.
Natrat80 is offline   Reply With Quote