Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #31
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So what does your DH REALLY know about your CDing addiction?

DH was the one who wanted us to use cloth!

That was his one request when I was pregnant, but I was feeling overwhelmed enough as it is with being pregnant in a 5 flight walk up, and I was working 80 hours a week at the time. Uff! I said we would try when she was older. Now she is 20 months and we are giving cloth a trial run to see how we like it for future kids., and hopefully to cure her annual summer diaper rash.

All of the spending right now is "start up costs" yeah, that's it....

I am loving it so far, now if only fluffy mail would arrive!

Advertisement

Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #32
mrsott
Registered Users

My Mood:

hahahahaaaa noo!! he has no idea he has actually stopped asking since I gave him a slightly false skewed quote of how much I have spent so far.... that was a few months ago...
mrsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #33
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hubby thought I was crazy until I got an "alabama crimson tide" dipe from "sassy turtle" He was so excited and kept asking me to put it on DS. He even told his coworkers and keeps bugging me to take pics of it. Now he is all for it. He has another son that we pay child support to. I tell him since we spend so much money on DSS then I should be able to spend money on our son. So he doesn't stand in my way at all.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #34
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

My DH 'knows' per say but if i use PP he doesn't notice cost. and he gets all excited when i buy him a fluffy package once in a while. my FFcustoms were for him (a wizard teddy and a dragon) he always grabs those when he changes.

we have a sprayer but i never actually followed him to see how he removes poo, the other day i did, he went to the toilet and dunked and swished and swirled and wrung it out!!! I was like 'whatcha doin?' he said 'rinsing the poo did i do it wrong?' um no you just did it the hard way and then i showed him how to spray it LOL so for 6 months now he's been rinsing poo the hard way!! LOL but he did say 'thats what my mom did' the man can't make kraft dinner to save his life but her remembers his mom washing the diaper and picked up that skill?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:42 AM   #35
Shay
Banned

My DH mostly knows. When I buy something the receipt goes to his account. He likes the dipes and says he will even use them.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #36
juliusthemonkey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine has quit asking me what's in the packages that come to the mail, and he just expects to take packages to the PO on the way back to work from lunch at home. He just shakes his head everytime he sees a package (b/c every label has butt, fluff, crunch, granola, fanny, etc) and asks me not to trade away the pockets that he knows how to get on Chloe.

He calls the fitted dipes the "weird ones." He'll take Chloe to the changing area, dig through the CD basket, and shout something like, "There are only weird ones in here. Does she need a wool thing?" By the time he figures out where the wool is stashed, Chloe's off running with a naked butt. So...I can keep my CD addiction so long as I keep a few pockets around for him.

Julia
juliusthemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #37
kellypillar
Registered Users

He knows now. He had no idea when we first started that it was going to become an addiction, but then again I didn't either.

We had a pretty big up-front cost, since we're diapering three kiddos, and he thought that was going to be it.

Even though I handle all the finances, I still check with him. As long as we are using the dipes we have and selling the ones we aren't using, and as long as it still works out to be cheaper than disposables in the long run, he's okay with it. He likes that it makes diapering the kids less of a chore for me, and he likes to see how excited I get about fluffy mail.

But even if he wasn't totally on-board, since I change between 18 and 24 dipes a day, I think my vote has a little more weight.
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #38
ScrapAng
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCDMamainWI
Everything. I found out last night that paypal notifies both our email accts of transactions. Oops, Busted! He wasnt mad. Just shocked at how busy our paypal acct is.
That's why I just used my Mom's PP account to pay for an order! Now when my eBay auctions end I'll repay her!
ScrapAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #39
HappyCDMamainWI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom works almost 40 hrs a week and hates to clean. I clean her house and she pays me with paypal. That's my fun $ unless we are really broke. I usually do it around payday too so it can be extra.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #40
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure how "addicted" I am yet, but DH knows about all the purchases. He was the one who had already set up a pp acct., so the e-mails go to him. We don't hide any purchases from each other, though. We also have a "rule" that either of us can buy anything we want (within reason) if it's under $50 - over that requires consultation with the other person! But we always tell what we have purchased.

So far, I think he is convinced I have gotten some good bargains, even though it is more $ than he thought it would be. He admits I have "done all the research" on how much stuff costs, so he is OK with everything so far. He also seems to think we already have enough stuff to get started! Ha! I've only just begun.....
aept is offline   Reply With Quote