Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 AM   #31
counterGOPI
Registered Users
seller

Re: *Another* vax thread-Need help for aptmt today at 3:30!

i know what its like to have a pro vax family and dh.. im in the same boat here!! our dr even is under the assumption of us delay vaxing... i think thats the best bet for a lot of familys. that way your babes immunity is built up at least,kwim? im continuing my research every day, i think thats so importanat when your family is against you

Advertisement

IDSO: Ruskovilla and Disana items & hanna andersson play dresses
counterGOPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:37 AM   #32
crunchy-mama
Registered Users

I may be too late but can you tell your doctor that you would like to delay all vaccines?
Give yourself time to make your decisions.

You can always go back and vaccinate but you can never tak the vax back!
crunchy-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #33
crunchy-mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysMama
We have so far vaccinated on schedule with Riley but I'm starting to wonder...he's due for his MMR tomorrow and I'm thinking of delaying it. I will for sure delay or just not get his chicken pox one, although it is required for school here, I believe.
What schedules do you follow for your vaccinations and do you have any websites or book suggestions that aren't super biased? I want good information without all the scare tactics or ignoring the facts, kwim???
I'm reading a book by Randall Nuestaedter that I think is very anti-vax. There must be a middle ground with this issue and I'd really like to find it.
Can any one help? I'm not looking for this to turn into something ugly, I'm just looking for some information.
Thanks!
BTW, the place I get most of my information is CDC and WHO.
I agree that it can be a hard decision to make with all of the slanted if on both sides. A great resource is the vaccine board on Mothering.com
There are some amazing smart women there!
crunchy-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #34
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy-mama
BTW, the place I get most of my information is CDC and WHO.
I agree that it can be a hard decision to make with all of the slanted if on both sides. A great resource is the vaccine board on Mothering.com
There are some amazing smart women there!
Thank you! I'll check out the WHO and the mothering message boards.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #35
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

We did everything on schedule except MMR and chicken pox. I personally just felt that it was right to wait till she was older before she got these. I've thought about her getting the MMR at 2 and then chicken pox at 5 before she starts school. But who knows what I'll do when the time auctally comes

Just do what you feel is right. If you skip them at this appointment you can always do it later.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #36
KiMayaMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a non vaxing mom and I felt compelled to reply just to say this:
I was in your position at one time and I just got as much info as i possibly could. Now looking back after making the decision to not vax I think it's important to say that looking for nonbiased information is going to be a fruitless effort.
Anyone who has truly researched the issue of vax's has a strong opinion and sources to back up that opinion. Both sides of the argument are strong and are full of people who will hold tight to their convictions.
In the end though, after I read what the provaxer's had to say and what the anti- vaxers had to say I just had to ask myself- which side has a motive to mislead me?
At first I thought I'd delay- but the more I read the more confident I am with my decision to not vax at all.
I think mothering.com's vaccination forum and archives are a great place for information. They provide a lot of sources to back up what they say.
My favorite books on the subject were "What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave and "Vaccines, are they really safe and effective?" by Neil Z. Miller

Good for you for atleast doing your research!! So many moms never think to do it since it is just assumed "everyone vaxes". I know because that's how I was with my first baby.
KiMayaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #37
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiMayaMama
I am a non vaxing mom and I felt compelled to reply just to say this:
I was in your position at one time and I just got as much info as i possibly could. Now looking back after making the decision to not vax I think it's important to say that looking for nonbiased information is going to be a fruitless effort.
Anyone who has truly researched the issue of vax's has a strong opinion and sources to back up that opinion. Both sides of the argument are strong and are full of people who will hold tight to their convictions.
In the end though, after I read what the provaxer's had to say and what the anti- vaxers had to say I just had to ask myself- which side has a motive to mislead me?
At first I thought I'd delay- but the more I read the more confident I am with my decision to not vax at all.
I think mothering.com's vaccination forum and archives are a great place for information. They provide a lot of sources to back up what they say.
My favorite books on the subject were "What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave and "Vaccines, are they really safe and effective?" by Neil Z. Miller

Good for you for atleast doing your research!! So many moms never think to do it since it is just assumed "everyone vaxes". I know because that's how I was with my first baby.
Thanks for your post and you have a very good point about which side having motive to mislead me. I'll check out that book and look into the Mothering.com board.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote