Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Bladder infections 3 in one year

My 14 month old daughter has yet another bladder infection. This is her third one in one year. She has already had her kidney's tested via ultrasound at the children's hospital and everything turned out normal. She is my third daughter and we change her diaper's more often than most because of this. At least every hr if she doesn't pee even sooner than that. When she does have a bowl movement it's not always solid and goes right to the territory it doesn't belong in. So how am I supposed to prevent these from happening? Has anyone else dealt with this before. It's just so frustrating sposies leave her skin red and hot to the touch I don't want to believe it's cloth diaper related but really I'm at a loss right now.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bladder infections 3 in one year

If it's because of her stool being softer and getting in that area, I don't think your problem would be solved by switching to 'sposies. There will still be the same issue. I'm not sure how to protect her more though. I hope you are able to find a solution. As far as I can see, the only solution is probably going to be having her PL'd and that might not be possible at the moment.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug2003 View Post
If it's because of her stool being softer and getting in that area, I don't think your problem would be solved by switching to 'sposies. There will still be the same issue. I'm not sure how to protect her more though. I hope you are able to find a solution. As far as I can see, the only solution is probably going to be having her PL'd and that might not be possible at the moment.
Thanks Tami!! It's such a hard thing... I feel like I'm at a loss. I know sposies aren't the answer. My mind is just wandering like crazy today. Is it my well water? Should I have her take showers with me rather than baths... I don't use bubbles as it is for fear of her getting a bladder infection. Maybe I should have my water tested? So many questions... we are getting a new washer and dryer and then I think maybe having a sanitary cycle will help the issue. My brain hurts LOL
Old 10-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
mamaejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son gets diaper rash easily- very, very sensitive skin. His poop is practically toxic to him, especially if it's slight mushy or runny. The best thing I've tried to get it to thicken up a bit is to give him 1-2 bananas a day, usually 1 in the morning and 1 at night. This has really helped a lot. Maybe it will help your DD.

That was kinda TMI, sorry!

ETA: about the water. We may or may not have lead in our water(long story). I've noticed that his ezcema is worse if I give him tap water(unfiltered), but better if he gets only bottled water. Worth a shot to switch her and see if that helps any!

Last edited by mamaejb; 10-25-2007 at 12:56 PM.
mamaejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
teenbean31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Shawnah..I am so sorry...I can sense that you are really frustrated and worried. I don't have alot of experience with cding..as you know...but I would have to agree with the above posting. I would say that the sposies would pose the same kind of problem. Hopefully others with the same problems will give you some insight... to you & your daughter...& hope this all gets figured out very soon.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaejb View Post
My son gets diaper rash easily- very, very sensitive skin. His poop is practically toxic to him, especially if it's slight mushy or runny. The best thing I've tried to get it to thicken up a bit is to give him 1-2 bananas a day, usually 1 in the morning and 1 at night. This has really helped a lot. Maybe it will help your DD.

That was kinda TMI, sorry!
That is a great idea!!! I will definitely up the banana intake. Thank you
Old 10-25-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Shawnah I am SS, I think just thinking practically, the showers sound like a good idea, has your Doctor OK'd giving her diluted cranberry juice, like 1/2 cup a day of the juice, diluted to whatever you feel comfortable with. I know that was reccomended to me when I had one. And just have her drink lots and lots of water. keeping her little insides fresh and clean.
I agree with Tami, I don't see how a sposie would prevent the poo from touching her better. I do agree with you also in that a sanitary cycle can't hurt.
I hope you can find a solution realy soon. Suzanne

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
DwellMama
Dwell Wool Knits
Formerly: mumtotwoboys
seller

My Mood:

to you Shawnah. I'm not sure of an answer, but my best guess would be that it couldn't be related to CD'ing. I hope Sydney feels better soon and you might find the cause soon!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenMImama View Post
Oh Shawnah I am SS, I think just thinking practically, the showers sound like a good idea, has your Doctor OK'd giving her diluted cranberry juice, like 1/2 cup a day of the juice, diluted to whatever you feel comfortable with. I know that was reccomended to me when I had one. And just have her drink lots and lots of water. keeping her little insides fresh and clean.
I agree with Tami, I don't see how a sposie would prevent the poo from touching her better. I do agree with you also in that a sanitary cycle can't hurt.
I hope you can find a solution realy soon. Suzanne
Thanks Suzanne! I've never given her cranberry juice but today her doctor did say I should start to definitely give it to her. I think I'm going to try showers and switch from regular california baby to the unscented line to see if that could help to. I guess I should think about my wipes solution too. Right now I use the NE teafreelavfree foaming solution. I should go back to basics and just make my own again something simple. If anyone has suggestions on that I'm an open book! Thanks again
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #10
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Up cranberry and blueberry intake lessen sugar and soap in baths. We used to have bladder infection problems often in this house and since we have stopped adding bubbles to baths, and anytime we think they are about to get a UI we give lots of blueberries and cranberry juice mixed with pinapple (no sugars added to any of the juices) and lessened all sugar intake we havent had a problem since I hope this helps. Bladder infections are no fun
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote