Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2007, 03:21 AM   #11
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: She is sooooo squirmy! How to change a diaper???

I found that I feel safer at that stage on the floor. You can snap a pocket and pull it up like pants. I find with THIS baby tossing my leg over her calms her right down I did it in desperation and now I do it all the time. It signals her to stop and then I move quickly and praise her after I'm done. (She's 7.5 months and has been crawling for 2 months BTW) I also find that they re-visit this stage when they learn to run

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 AM   #12
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the same problem! I have to hand dd a toy or something to drink then play peek a boo and do rasberrys on her tummy and still sometimes we can't get the diaper on!!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #13
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just change my DS really fast. He likes to run around naked now, so it's a fun game for us. LOL! I try to get his diaper on and he's scooting away and whining. I usually put my leg over him gently if I really need him to stop, or I will sometimes just change him while he runs. LOL!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
AngelW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a squirmly butt, roll-over and crawl-away during diaper changes kind of guy, too. He's 8 mos. old and every day he gets harder to change. DH needs help to do it, but he isn't getting as much practice as I have. I have learned to get one on him face down and get it partially snapped so it stays in place when I flip him back over. He likes to play with the diaper salve roll on container and his Robeez that sit on the table. I keep a pacifier on the table and an extra toy. I had to move everything that was on the wall - the calendar and picture, because he kept trying to get them. It helps to talk to him or sing to him.

I like the scotch tape idea. Also was thinking of giving him autumn leaves since we picked a couple on the walk yesterday. I just don't want him to eat them so will have to watch that.

It is nice to know I'm not alone in the changing struggles!

Mommy to Nicholas Ryan
Born 02-22-07
AngelW is offline   Reply With Quote