Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
tigger15623
Registered Users
seller

baking soda and vinger bad for PUL???

I heard that baking Soda and Vinger were bad for PUL and pocket diapers is this ture, If so what else can i put in my diaper pail to help with smell i cant stand the smell of TTO so i wont use it. And the disk things did not work thanks so much

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: baking soda and vinger bad for PUL???

Maybe a mixture of hemp oil and lavender oil. Hemp oil is antibacterial and the lavender would be good for the smell.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
tigger15623
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstategirl
Maybe a mixture of hemp oil and lavender oil. Hemp oil is antibacterial and the lavender would be good for the smell.
I would love to try the Lavender oil when can i get it, Can i use any fragrance oil or dose it need to be a certain type i have candle makeing oils are those safe?? thank you
Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
jadedhkr
Registered Users
seller

I use both baking soda and vinigar all the time as a soak and in all my laundry. I don't like commercial cleaners and don't really use them much. I've never had a problem but maybe someone could explain why this is supposed to be bad? News to me.
All my diapers come clean with no stains or smells using just a tablespoon of mild laundry detergent, 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1 cup vinigar in rinse cycle, then line dried in the sun. No problems with the pul leaking or deteriorating yet.
And all my dipes and covers are soaked in a solution of baking soda and vinigar, when it gets full it is dumped into the washer, I don't even rinse poopies in out first, I'm lazy and it all comes out in the wash.

Jenni
jadedhkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:00 AM   #5
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have been using baking soda and vinegar for over a year and a half in the wash with every load, and haven't had any problems with my PUL. We were washing three times a week for over a year of that, though now we are down to once a week (or not at all since we are taking an extended break while I get dd's diarrhea under control). My PUL diapers are having other issues, like casings around elastic coming out, but no wicking.

Malka
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #6
tigger15623
Registered Users
seller

I use one TSP of Allens soap and i am using prefolds and prowraps right now i am switching to pocket diapers and read in a cloth diaping book not to use the those on Pocket PUL diapers but if you guys are with no problems i dont see it hurting then I am going to add the baking soda to my diaper pail from now on to see if that helps with the prefolds smell thank you
Old 07-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #7
mommypooh
Registered Users

I found that Vinegar caused leaks for me. I washed with vinegar a couple of times and everyone of my diapers leaked until I took that out of my routine. Now I just use Baking soda, and Dawn for my diapers.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote