View Poll Results: WWYD? TTC & Loss Mentioned - Please Read Before Voting!!!
keep everything (diapers & gear) indefinitely 2 2.90%
keep everything (diapers & gear) for another year or so, go from there 9 13.04%
keep everything (diapers & gear) until she's TTC 1-2x more and go from there 15 21.74%
sell diapers now, keep gear, buy new if/when she's ready 31 44.93%
keep diapers, sell gear now, buy new if/when she's ready 0 0%
sell everything (diapers & gear) now, and buy her new if/when she's ready 12 17.39%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
Termie
Registered Users
seller

Re: WWYD? Serious Advice Needed (loss & TTC mentioned)

OH, and a few seamstresses have told me that it is actually better to strip diapers/clothing with elastic and then store them in fabric bags (where the air can flow - scented lanolized wool being best) and store it in a cedar chest.

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #12
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termie View Post
I haven't read through all the responses, but here's mine. (I didn't vote as I understand your question, nothing fit)

As a woman who's dealt with several m/c, I would still want the respect of being asked since it was promised to me. Trust her that she is a strong woman (she has to be to have faced these losses and continue to keep TTC) and take her to lunch and bring it up.

As for your options I'd personally suggest to her that you sell the diapers (saving any of them that she may have as a personal favorite - she may be willing to replace the elastic if they are a fave of hers) and save the money for her and that it will be a shower gift for her should they have another child. That way she would have the money and it would be the "same" as giving her your diaper stash.

I would let her decide what she'd like to have happen with the gear. She may decide to wait a few months and then sell it or she may want some of it indefinitely.

If she's faced these losses and may be facing more... let her have the small amount of control over this little area.

I haven't had to deal with loss but I completely agree with this response.
1bigfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #13
motherslittlehelper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

infertility ans loss are such painful things. Your friend needs hope, give her that hope.
Hang onto the stuff for her.
Urge her to see an RE, most of it should be covered by the insurance. She can always get the dx and test codes ahead of time and call insurance co before they do any of the tests.
motherslittlehelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #14
slackwater0514
Registered Users
seller

Hey mammas, just wanted to bump this to get a few more responses. Another question - if I do decide to keep the diapers, should I wash them, sun then, store them in a vacuum-seal bag, in the dark, to get the elastic the best chance of remaining elastic-y?
slackwater0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #15
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackwater0514 View Post
Hey mammas, just wanted to bump this to get a few more responses. Another question - if I do decide to keep the diapers, should I wash them, sun then, store them in a vacuum-seal bag, in the dark, to get the elastic the best chance of remaining elastic-y?
I was just going to suggest that! I think it's worth a shot!

And I'm sorry about your friend's losses. I've lost 2 angels as well and it's a tough tough road!

Sending thoughts and prayers her way that a miracle happens!!
[And it does! I have a friend who had 7 miscarriages >1st AND 2nd trimester ones< And she now has a beautiful healthy boy!!]
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote