View Poll Results: How old was your LO when they 1st spent the night away?
Under 6mo 7 8.97%
6-12 months old 10 12.82%
1-1.5 yo 15 19.23%
1.5-2yo 28 35.90%
He's 15 and still hasn't spent the night away 18 23.08%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #21
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My baby's 1st night away....sad/happy/sad...

my answer wasn't one of the choices, so i didn't vote, but here's my answer:

ds was 2 years and 4 months old when dd was born, so that was the first night he spent away from us. he stayed with my inlaws ... we were able to stay with him until he was sound asleep before heading out. then dh was back to pick him up before 10 am - LOL!

prior to that, there were several times the grandparents wanted ds to spend the night, but we "all" spent the night at grandma's house for the fun of being at grandmas & waking up at grandmas, eating breakfast at grandmas, etc. but mommy & daddy spent the night too. my in-laws didn't say anything about it, but i'm sure they knew that was the only way ds was spending the night. we did the same thing with my parents, but they thought it was GREAT that we all stayed - like a big family vacation, in a way.

Advertisement

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #22
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never left DS with anyone other than my (like-minded ) sister, and it was never more than a few hours.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #23
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think he was 17.5 or 18 months old. So I voted 1.5-2 years. It was one night with my mom and he loves her. He's stay over there a few times a month easily, but I've just let him go the one time and I'm not ready for more yet. My mom is though. lol. I trust her, so if she begged, and he was feeling well (he'd had a tough time with teeth and allergies lately), then I'd let him. It's me that has issues with it, not him. He's such an independant kid.

Last edited by JustAugust; 10-27-2007 at 09:00 PM.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #24
afishwithabike
Registered Users

My Mood:

12-18 mos..Why so early. I was birthing child #2. Needless to say I didn't stay at the hosp birth center long.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #25
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I voted 6-12 mos but it was not out of choice. She was 7 mos old when I went on vacation to see family alone with her and 3 days after I got there i had to have emergency gall bladder removal so my mom kept her over night while I was in the hospital.
That is the only time she has been away from me over night. And I really don't want her away anytime soon over night.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #26
WeeBeastie
Registered Users

My Mood:

The only time my ODD has ever spent the night away from me was the night before I went in for my c section with YDD. She was 2y4m and stayed with my SIL.
WeeBeastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #27
Craftin'Diva
Registered Users
Formerly: Diaper'nDiva
seller

My Mood:

My 4 year old never has... even when I had DD he was home with Daddy.

My one year old never has.

My 10 year old step son only recently started... and our home is as much his TRUE home as his mother's house is... one is just Mommy's house, one is Daddy's house.

My 12 year old step daughter has been since forever.... she has always been the most independend of the bunch.
Jeri, Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), a (1/12) and full time StepMonster to Shelby (16). Married to my soul mate, Eric for over 10 years! Awaiting a rainbow after our loss and 5 years of secondary infertility!
"A strong person is not one who doesn't cry. A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds a tear for a moment, then picks up her sword and fights again!"
Craftin'Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #28
thrillhouse
Registered Users

there isn't a poll choice for my answer. DS1 spent his first night away from me the night he was daignosed with cancer. he was 2 years 10 months. He spent 18 night in the hospital, but I don't count those since he had daddy with him. I was home nursing ds2 who was only 6 months old then.
fast forward to last night, ds1 who just turned 4 spent the night with grandma and grandpa, having a sleepover at their house complete with movies and popcorn. he did great and everyone had fun. ds2 is 20 months and has not spent the night away and he won't until he is 4.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #29
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only one I can recall clearly is my youngest DS. He was about 9 m/o, when I went to Mexico for a work conference for 3 days. It was a major pain because of the FAA ban on breastmilk in the carry on (which has since been lifted .) But, I pumped and brought my precious milk back home. My milk supply took a major dive from pumping instead of nursing though.

When I arrived at the airport, DS wouldn't even look at me. Broke my heart. But, he warmed up after an hour or two.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #30
MamaBetsy
Registered Users
seller

I didn't vote because my oldest was over two the first time she spent the night away and it was only next door with my mom. My youngest is 2 1/2 and has only spent the night away from me when I was staying with my sister, and my husband had them so it's not really spending the night.

Next month I'm leaving them with my parents for five days. I'm gonna puke.
Check out the ole FSOT
MamaBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote