Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Is this true?

Hospitals wont' let you go home without an infant carseat? Like the bucket kind????

To fit my kids in my car I need 2 radians for the youngest and my oldest will keep her graco turbo booster. I can't fit an infant bucket seat. Is this true????

UPDATE:
I just called and talked to the security officers and he said that you DO have to have the infant bucket seat to leave the hospital. He said that you have to be able to bring it up to the room and buckle the baby in it and then snap it into the base in the car in front of the nurse. What am I going to do? I can't fit a seat that wide in my car with the other two kids in car seats too and I can't afford both! I was SURE that buying 2-3 radians would simplify the issue so that I didn't need a new car. I'm a single mama supporting my kids on a waitress's salary! I dont' know hwo to fix this!

Advertisement

Last edited by 3rockstars; 10-28-2007 at 11:00 AM.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this true?

I never herd you have to have the small infant carseat to go home just a safe carseat that has the proper height and weight requirements. If it is a convertable car seat and it is safe for an infant why wouldn't they let you? I wonder if anyone has any real info about this if it is true. Here, they didnt even check to make sure we had a car seat or that he was properly put into it.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
kittkat398
Registered Users
seller

You just need a carseat that can accomodate an infant, it doesn't have to be a carrier bucket style, convertibles are fine.
kittkat398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mom works in a birthing center and does mother-baby care - she says they just have to be in a car seat safe for them, not nec. a bucket. She said they have to make sure the baby is in a seat, but aren't allowed to help install the seats or touch them in any way. I don't plan to use a bucket for the bean - I don't think a convertible seat would be a problem. Just bring the manual for the seat in case someone at the hospital is really dense, so you can show it is for newborns and you do have it adjusted properly.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My second dd went home in a convertible seat, but this was at a military hospital.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittkat398 View Post
You just need a carseat that can accomodate an infant, it doesn't have to be a carrier bucket style, convertibles are fine.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
slaferriere@berklee.net
Registered Users

mmm..... I wanna say that for RI, they do require an infant seat. I would check into it more! Sorry I can't be more help! I would just give a call to whatever hospital you are giving birth at.
slaferriere@berklee.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
4BoysMom
Registered Users

I dunno. I don't think so. They do check to make sure you have a seat here, as well as they won't let you hold baby in your arms leaving the hospital as a security measure. Not sure how those using convertibles get their kiddo to the car...

Haven't joined the swagbucks craze yet? I've earned $85 in amazon gcs, so can you!
Easy Lunch Boxes - The Best LunchBoxes Easylunchboxes.com
4BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
adahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS went home in a convertible, no problems.

I think that the nurse may have gone out to the car to check the seat, just to be sure.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #10
firstkid4me
Registered Users

We left our birth center with Lana in a convertible carseat.