Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Am I slacking????

I tried everything with my DD who is 32 months old. She just didn't care either. But being PG, I got sick of changing poopy diapers. I actually bribed her with My Little Ponies!! She loves her older sister's and that was what she really wanted. So we told her if she used the potty for a week, her daddy would buy her ponies. It worked!! Now she's almost done with the second week and expecting more ponies. I hope she forgets about getting them for using the potty pretty soon or we'll have way too many!! My sister then tried the same thing with her 35 month old DD except she made a sticker chart to fill up to earn the ponies. It is also working with her. They are a little older than your DD, but if you think she can control the muscles, you could try it, using whatever toy/thing she loves as a bribe.

Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
My dd2 is 27 months and happy as a clam in diapers...even if she is soiled she will tell me 'Nahhhh!' if I ask her if she needs it changed...then I have to chase her to get it changed. She doesn't want to go on the potty. Every time she is asked, she says no and I've even tried to gently encourage her which makes her get upset which is when I stop 'pushing' her to go.

Is there something else I could try? Is she just not ready yet? Is it okay if she's not ready yet? My dd1 did everything on her own sooner than I expected so this is new to me.
She doesn't seem ready. Some babies are ready early and some aren't ready until they are 3. I wouldn't worry about what other people say/think, but rather what your little one wants to do. If she isn't ready or just simply doesn't want too... she won't no matter how much she is pushed. {Can you tell I have been through this before?} Said dd is now almost 19 years old and I can safely say.. she is potty trained. Her sister{now 15yrs.old} trained herself both day and night at 18 months. The next dd{now 11yrs. old} didn't even seem interested until a month after her 3rd bday. She also trained both day in night within a month. {Proof that waiting until they are ready makes the entire thing super easy}.

DS sorta is curious about the potty, but he hasn't yet gone tinkle. I know that he will go in his own time though... which will make it much easier.

Mama! Just relax! It will happen when she is ready. You can just have the potty ready in the bathroom for the times when she may want to 'try".
I hope that has helped some. My girls are all teens/preteens and potty trained. It was much easier when I let "them" decide they were interested. And for the record.. You are NOT a slacker! You are a very good mom! I know it is hard not to worry especially with having a first child, but it really is not a big deal. We all know that kids learn at different times and potty training is no different.
Kaydee- Mama to: G{21},G{17]B{8},B{5}and Born-sleeping, AngelBaby,who is in our hearts forever! Abigail Neveah{Feb 23, 2007}
ClothDiaperingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

She is still sooo young to be potty training. I say let her take her time, and train when she is ready.
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

just because she's 2 that doesn't mean you are somehow slacking.

can't force a kid to PT.. trust me, I've tried. lol
Jennifer; Mom to:
Miranda Isabel(ASD/Anxiety/ODD/SPD) (10) Jacob David(Anxiety/SPD)(6)
& Levi Alexander(ASD/Anxiety/SPD) (3)
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote