Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #11
Nikel1979
Registered Users

Re: Children really close together

Mine are 15 months apart. I had the baby itch pretty early on after my dd was born too. Let me tell you, having 2 toddlers has completely cured it for me. The realization that next year I will have a 2 year old and a 3 year old has hit me. I'm going back to school this fall, and we've agreed to wait until I'm done to even think about any more.

Advertisement

Last edited by Nikel1979; 07-27-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My last 3 are all 21-23 mos apart. I tend to get pregnant right around their 1st b-day whether I want to or not! LOL I've been on BC the last 2 times and its just what my body wanted I guess! My 3rd and 4th were 23 mos apart and it was a great age. My almost 2yr old LOVED his baby brother more than any toy in the world! He kissed him constantly, almost to the point of being annoying! At my 3rd DS' 3rd b-day party I suspected I was pregnant and sure enough... I was!! My 4th and 5th were 21 mos apart and that wasn't too bad either. I was lucky enough to potty train the big brothers shortly after 2.5yrs so we only had 2 in dipes for a short time. Now we use CDs so its not a biggy anyway! LOL I would love another baby, but I think it would be craziness if I did! I think money and space is the only thing stopping us now! Why not 7, 8 or 9?? LOL We're talking about waiting a little longer and then deciding. CDing definatly plays a part in wanting to have another baby!! They're just soooooooooo cute!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #13
CheaperByTheDozen
Registered Users

My closest are 17 mo. I like it... it was hard... only because DH was not home. Had he been home it would have been easy. I could not handle things all alone. No church or family near to help. Moving back to my family and church was the best thing for us. I had baby fever right after my 2nd birth. I mean it was so easy I wanted to do it again, and I did 17 mo later. I want a houseful... so I had better get busy. Hehehehe.
CheaperByTheDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #14
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

Do any of you guys feel like you "cheated" (for lack of a better term, mamas!) your youngest by having the next one so close?
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #15
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got pregnant with my 2nd when my first was 11mo (so they're 5 days shy of 19mo apart). I'd actually gotten pregnant when ds1 was 5 months, but I miscarried (twins). We weren't trying (we were actually avoiding), but I WANTED to get pregnant Dh wasn't ready yet, but God had other plans I wouldn't change anything for the world..and I think I could've handled them closer together. I don't believe dh would change it either
Old 07-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #16
trishmom2five
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope your not crazy, cause if so, I'm there with you. My little girls (I have 2 older children also) are 3-22-04, 3-3-05, and 3-5-06. I would not change a thing. There are days that are hard, but mostly there are good days. I love the way they interact!
Yes people look at me like I have 3 heads, but that's ok, cause my girls love me and each other, and I am having a great time as mommy.
And I have to say, it is so strange not being pg right now.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #17
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest two are 23 months apart (not so close but I did get weird looks LOL) At the time I didn't mind it but now that I have my last (and he's 5 years younger than his closest brother) I really prefer that way. I think it gives the older one a chance to grow and then have a part with the little one. Plus there's no sibling rivalry when there's a gap. Not like my older two. But again, they are almost 8 and 10 so this doesn't happen for a while. They were great when they were little LOL

Oh and I'm 12 months and 9 days from my younger brother. Mom said we loved it when we were little. She might be crazy though...she had 4 of us and there's not quite 5 years between the youngest and oldest. I never minded having a sibling so close in age to me. Might have been different if he were a girl though
Old 07-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #18
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Dom will be (probably) 22 months or so when the girls are born. We STARTED ttc when he was 6 months old, LOL, and succeeded when he was about 15 months old - so I was right there where you are! I don't think you're crazy - and I have talked DH into #4 already, I just don't think there will be enough time to get pg for awhile, LOL.
I don't know how I'll feel about not giving him enough time to be a baby, yet. I had a breakdown a couple weeks ago crying because he wouldn't get to spend any time with me, but I think I feel doubly bad since I know he'll have to be shoved off onto someone else a lot more often with two babies than one. I do feel bad, but my DH said "It's too late now" and he's right - I'll just focus on the fact that when they get older they'll have each other (if they want, LOL) and that will be enough for me.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #19
danibu98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd just turned 2 when the twins were born- it has been really hard to give her the one on one time she needs. I am having a horrible time PT'ing her too....

ugh!
Danielle
my ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11352.0
danibu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #20
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 4, and the last 3 were all born within 3 years, so I don't think you're crazy. I would say it is hard. My youngest is 8mo, and I do think about another.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote