Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #21
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Children really close together

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMer
Do any of you guys feel like you "cheated" (for lack of a better term, mamas!) your youngest by having the next one so close?
I intentionally want mine close in age because I think it will be better for DD. I was first-born in my family and I remember the changes from when I was an only-child to when my sister was born (vaguely, mind you, since I was 4 when it happened...but nonetheless, I remember her...then my brother...then my next brother). I think it will be easier on DD if she only remembers having a sister, not being the only child with all the attention. KWIM?

Advertisement

Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #22
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No offense, but I think you all are crazy! I have a 3 week old and a 17 month old and I am at the end of my rope! This has been the hardest thing ever. #2 was totally by accident from one very irresponsible night. Now here I am at 3am after a very successful feeding and all she wants to do is cry. I can't let her because she will wake up dd1. It sucks! I totally wish I would have waited longer.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #23
Nikel1979
Registered Users

Sarah. If it's any consolation at all, the first 6-8 weeks were hard, and then it just got so much easier. (Well, until she started walking at 9 months.) Do you have any family or friends that could take your 17 months old for a few hours once or twice a week? My in-laws would take Ben for some play time, so I could get some rest. I'd crawl in bed with my dd, and she'd nurse and nap. If you were near me, your 17 month old could play with my 18 month old.

ETA: My dd's middle name is Elise.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #24
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac
No offense, but I think you all are crazy! I have a 3 week old and a 17 month old and I am at the end of my rope! This has been the hardest thing ever. #2 was totally by accident from one very irresponsible night. Now here I am at 3am after a very successful feeding and all she wants to do is cry. I can't let her because she will wake up dd1. It sucks! I totally wish I would have waited longer.
It will get better, really.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #25
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I also wanted to add that I also obsessed and got depressed over not having more 1 on 1 time with ds1...then I felt bad for thinking that way toward ds2 (like he was going to 'mess things up')...but once he arrived, it was all okay. There are moments where I feel like I could give one or the other more attention..but 99.5% of the time, it's all good They love playing with each other and they can give each other something that I can't give them...ya know, that companionship on their level - if that's makes any sense? Ds2 absolutely adores his older brother and the first thing my oldest does when he wakes in the morning is look for his little brother. I wouldn't change anything.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #26
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine are close i htink
13 mothes between 1 and 2 and 22 month between 2 and 3. I LOVE it!! i am actaully sad I am having this gap... My goal would have been to have 5-6 children wtih no more than 23-24 months between them. Now my youngest will be OVER 3 when baby is born... I think to much gap!!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #27
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ah.. the dreaded question...

I didn't even have my staples out from my C-section when I wa already thinking about maybe a little girl... I gots it BAD. But we TTC for 4 years... DH had to undergo surgery to right his infertility (had a vericose vien blocking the traffic, if you catch my drift) then we had a miscarriage.. and one month after that I got preggo with Sam.... So I literally was pregnant 11 out of the past 12 months. Luckily pregnancy is an absolutely breeze with me.. and now that I'm "a c-section" birth was a breeze too (in my opinion).

The real kicker is, I'm a triplet... so when I was talking to my mother (who came to help for a week) I mentioned how I didn't want to pack away my maternity clothes TOO far away because we wanted another one as soon as my body feels ready she just rolled her eyes about how close the kids would be. Um. Well. My oldest brother is 2 minutes older than me. The next is one minute older than me... can't get much closer than that! So I figure having actual MONTHS inbetween will be easier. On the flip side, Mom's stories of when we were first born always trump my stories with just Sam. Hm. DH only has one sister and they are 5 years apart...who STILL has major "only-child... oh yeah.. and then I have a younger brother" syndrome.... so that's convinced HIM that we should have them fairly close.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #28
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemybabies
mine are 11 months apart. The baby is 8 wks and I have the itch too. So not you are not crazy. So far it hasn't been too bad having two so close in age. I am really enjoying it.
I bet that is hard to do. But, that is the way I would have wanted it too.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #29
ashkash
Registered Users
seller

I'm already sort of thinking about #4 too! I have my days where all 3 kids seem to be crying or sick or whatever, which makes me reconsider. But my heart is realllly pushing me to go ahead & ttc again. We've been very blessed to have gotten pg quickly with all 3 kiddos, so I think it's just going to be a matter of me saying "ok". DH is ready whenever I am, lol! It would certainly be interesting to have a house full of little ones!
#5 Due 11/2012 - It's a GIRL!

ashkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #30
mommypooh
Registered Users

I have been pining for another one since I got home from the hospital. You are not nutso. I want another one so bad but my DH dosen't want another one at all, and I am not willing to eisk my marriage on another baby no matter how much I want one. I just keep asking God if it is his plan then he needs to make it happen.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote