Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
pumpkin
with knickers always in a twist
seller

My Mood:
Interesting dilemma

DD has been a wonderful sleeper, even STTN since she was about 2 wks old. We have had this bassinet since a few days afte we brought her home:

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y3073

In late Sept, I purchased an Arm's Reach to take the place of this bassinet since she is so long. We decided to introduce it early October and she loves playing in it and sometimes will sleep in it. However, one cold and several exams later she now is not content to sleep in it at all. DH and I found she will sleep the entire night between us (snuggled up) or she will sleep in her bassinet. We discovered she likes the feeling of something about 1 arms length from her. The minute she is near us or the bassinet it is lights out. I noticed in the cosleeper that she touched the wall with one hand and started drifting to sleep until her other hand felt the nothingness of open space.

I do not want her to sleep in our bed forever because I cannot sleep right now--I never sleep very deeply because I fear rolling on her. We no longer sleep with blankets and it is getting cold for those of us who do not wear footed sleepers

I am starting to wonder if we should get something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Now, I am flat out against these sleeper and roll preventor deals just because I have read how they can be really dangerous (if baby rolls up against the side and cannot breath). I even made sure our bassinet had mesh walls. Of course, I was against bassinets and co-sleeping but both are part of our sleeping now.

Does anyone have something like this? I think DD would love the feeling of her hands touching the side but then there is still enough leg room--maybe I could get one without the foot bumper.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
jennsmile
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Interesting dilemma

Babies have feely feet. My kids needed to cosleep and it worked out fine...

Jenn

Fort Hood Mama's check out LLL of Killeen
jennsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Interesting dilemma

If you are looking to transition her to her own room, then I think that "co-sleeper helper" thing is a good idea. I suppose once she is used to sleeping in it (with it in your bed) you can always move it into a crib, and see if she is happy with it.
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote