Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #11
laj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DD Has Excema! Any remedies?

DS had really bad excema for his first six months. Changing my diet didn't do anything at all, so we used the Aveeno oatmeal bath packets (I can't remember what they're called at the moment) and they seemed to help a lot. We mainly used the Cetaphil cream (I use Cetaphil on myself as well, so I know it works) and plain old vaseline. We had a prescription hydro cream that we used when it was really really bad. Luckily it seemed to pretty much clear up on its own and he'll now only get the occasional patch that we have to treat.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We only use Dove at our house and seriously limit dairy, though we've not totally cut it out. We also use Curel lotion and it works as well as anything else I've tried.

If you cut out dairy, just be aware that it can take a few weeks for it to truly get out of your system. If your LO is sensitive to it, you will probably see improvement within a week or two, but it can sometimes take a month.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
akalterego
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is amazing how different things work for different peple. Aveeno was one of the best treatments we found and I tried lots!!
Be careful using too much hydrocortizone cream, it can backfire and make different problems.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A pedi once told me that detergent is detergent is detergent no matter how big the words "free and clear" are printed on the bottle. He told me always to an extra rinse to make sure all the detergent gets out of clothes.

ITA w/ PP that different things work for different ppl - some that I've heard work are:

Eucerine Aquaphor
Avon Skin So Soft

Good Luck, mama!
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to say for asking and for the replies....this may help us also!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #16
mom3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 7 year old had eczema and has had it sice 2 month of age, we are currently seeing a dermatologist to keep it under controll, she has had some pretty severe fliar ups. this is our regim recomended ny the dermatologist.

bath every day in luke warm water for no longer then 10 minutes, she gets in we wash her hair then we add one capful of oilatum oil bought at the drugstore she soakes for 10 min then gets out, we do not dry her we rub vasaline on all normal skin areas and her prescription creame to all affected areas when she has flair ups, when she has no flair ups we still do the same routine jut with only the vasaline.

he also recomenda a humidifier in her room and keeping the humidity at 40%
100% cotton clothing and double rincing clothes, we do not use ivory snow as it make my DD skin worse we just use a free and clear brand and rince extra, no fabric softener, she also has creame in her school bag to apply throughout the day .

hope that helps, if you can not find oilatum oil they also recomend alpha keri or aveeno oil.
mom3girls is offline   Reply With Quote