Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Where can I find Magnetic Sand Tables?

We were in the Stide Rite shoe store tonight and DS was playing with this wooden magnetic sand table. He absolutely loved it! I am wondering if any of you have a magnetic sand table for your toddlers/preschoolers that they absolutely love. If so, please post a link and the good qualities you like about it.

Also if anyone has this table...
http://www.tuffware.com/playground/sand/magsand.html

Or this one~

http://www.kiddinaround.com/Merchant...roduct_Count=2

Are they worth the money? Do they hold up well?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where can I find Magnetic Sand Tables?

I don't have one, but my doctor's office did. I know my son loved it when he was 2 to 2 1/2 and would probably play with it now at age 4. I don't know how much use it would get if we had one at home though. It's hard to tell with kids.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
I don't have one, but my doctor's office did. I know my son loved it when he was 2 to 2 1/2 and would probably play with it now at age 4. I don't know how much use it would get if we had one at home though. It's hard to tell with kids.
Thanks for responding! My DH thinks it is a lot of money for a toy. It is just that DS is so bored with his other toys that I am needing to find him atleast ONE toy that he will love. He does like his cars/trucks and balls the best, but he absolutely lit up with playing with the magnetic sand table.
I was even thinking of getting him a train and train table.. I just don't know. Sorry for rambling!Thanks again for responding!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IMO, they are too pricey. My DR office has one like the first link. My kids go for it and enjoy it, but long term I'm not so sure they would play.

I'd think a train table with building blocks and accessories would be great. It could be different anytime he wanted it to be. And it opens you more gift oppritunities in the future to add on.

Erica
ericak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They have some on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnetic-Sea-Lif...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak95 View Post
IMO, they are too pricey. My DR office has one like the first link. My kids go for it and enjoy it, but long term I'm not so sure they would play.

I'd think a train table with building blocks and accessories would be great. It could be different anytime he wanted it to be. And it opens you more gift oppritunities in the future to add on.

Erica
We are thinking of getting him a train table also. He loves Thomas. I am just nervous now with all the China toys being painted/lead. I think it will be okay because he doesn't put anything in his mouth now, but kinda nervous with the new baby. Do you have any suggestions for a train table and accessories? Link/etc?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionnecherub View Post
Thanks for the link Mama! Teen DD keeps saying.. check ebay! Check Ebay!