Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Food strike?

I have heard of a nursing strike but what about a food strike? My 9 month old son is not wanting to eat very much anymore. He was eating really well but now is not very interested. He usually only wants food if it is sweet like grahm crackers or something. He likes the other foods but would rather nurse than eat anything. Even dd isn't eating quite as much but it is more than he is eating. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: Food strike?

it could be growth spurt hes going through so just nurse as often as he wants to!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

or teething - just not wanting to eat much b/c his teeth hurt. dd definitely goes through cycles with both her eating & her nursing.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

My 8 mth old was doing the same thing up until a couple of days ago. I am trying to make sure she is actually hungry at meal times, which means no nursing for an hour before.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
Silverfairy2
Registered Users
seller

My son, wouldn't eat solids regularly until he was about 16 months old. He is 18 months old and still would rather have a cup sometimes over solid food. He is not breastfed anymore, but likes to drink...

Your son will eat solids when he feels like it and 9 months is still young for solids for some babies. Some babies love them and others can take them or leave them, kwim?
Silverfairy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

you are definatly not alone my dd will be 16 months in a few days and we have been dealing with 1-2 weeks of refusing solids and only taking a bottle or Bm she started with a nursing strike a 4 months. and went into a solid strike i got so worried we brought her to the ped we eliminated some bottles no help so ped finally said push the fluids. So i started giving her carrot juice ect. She is also failure to thrive and now on pediasure so lt helps some hoping by oct shes 19 - 20lbs
Old 08-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #7
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all the advice mamas! I have been letting him nurse when he wants. It seems he is eating more today. I think I will nurse these 2 little past 1. I haven't ever thought about doing that before, I got traumatized when I was pregnant with ds#1 and so I never considered bfing past 1 before but these two are so different than the other 3 and I think they will have a harder time weaning. We shall see!