Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #11
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:
Re: crib bumper dangers?

they have the breathable bumpers now. we have a regular bumper for the crib for the newborn stage but the first time she flips over it's out and a breathable one is on

Advertisement

jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
xois
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis0821 View Post
DH and I just bought a bumper for DS's crib yesterday, since we had a scare on Friday. DH had put him down for a nap, and then a little while later, heard him crying hysterically. He ran upstairs and found that DS had gotten his arm caught between the crib slats. He could've broken his arm if he had tried to roll over! So, for the rest of the day Friday, and all day & night Saturday, DS slept in bed next to me until we could buy a bumper on Sunday. I come into work this morning and see this article on babycenter:

http://www.babycenter.com/204_crib-b...ays_5223325.bc

So now I don't know what to do. He is 5 months old and can roll over, so am I right to be more concerned about him getting stuck in the slats than suffocating?

they sell this mesh stuff that goes on the crib...breathable bumper I think it's called
Old 10-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #13
missus.mint
I do *those* parties
seller

My Mood:

I have one of the breathable mesh bumpers and it works great at first I thought it would look really weird but now I love it because I can see baby girl from my bed when she sleeps in her crib
missus.mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #14
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we also have a problem with limbs getting stuck, mainly legs. I looked at a breathable bumper, but they say only to use up until 9months of age. My girls are almost 1 and madelyn is quite the climber already. The only thing I've found that has worked is the bag sleepers. It wouldn't help with arms, but it keeps their legs from getting out too far.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #15
katmatd
Registered Users
seller

I have never had problem with ds putting his face against the bumper,and he has had it since he got too big for his bassinet. I have, however,had MANY instances where his arms and legs get caught in the bars even with the bumper on. He's a wild child, I guess.... My point is, every baby is different, so do what works for you and yours