Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #11
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: is there a FF forum?

I'd say if you have a FFing question post it in the parenting section. There ARE FFing mamas here, but not nearly as many BFing mamas.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #12
KatieZ
Registered Users

My Mood:

FF mommas have challenges too. so i dont think that comment is about what i was asking.

but thanks for all of the answers anyways, i was just wondering. well at least i know where the majority of the women on here think and feel about FF mommas.

oh, yes i am a FF momma, and i choose to be!!!

but thanks, anyways!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #13
jarahrocks
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Formula feeding can present challenges, while maybe not as much as what some think breastfeeding does,challenges nonetheless.

Just because there aren't as many formula feeding Mothers on here doesn't mean they don't deserve an area just for them to ask questions or discuss formula feeding with other parents in the same situation. I also don't see bfing Mom's being forced to post soley in the parening section so why should ffing moms all because lower numbers?

I think it would be a good idea to have a section just for ffing parents. I especially think so because I have had many new Moms on her PM me when they see my sig for support because they feel so harshly judged for not being able to breastfeed(medical/adoptive etc).
Old 10-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #14
~sarah~
Banned
seller

My Mood:

^^ Very well said!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #15
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I also don't see bfing Mom's being forced to post soley in the parening section so why should ffing moms all because lower numbers?
If the numbers are really low its hard to keep a forum going so to speak (i'm a mod on another board).

Quote:
I especially think so because I have had many new Moms on her PM me when they see my sig for support because they feel so harshly judged for not being able to breastfeed(medical/adoptive etc).
That is sad that moms are feeling judged.

FYI: Only 10% of women cannot breastfeed due to medical reasons and even adopted moms can partially breastfeed. Not judging but throwing out a stat.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #16
donnamarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that there could be a FF forum. I mixed BFing and FF and it was very challenging! I loved BFing but it was great having a baby that could easily take a bottle. But yes - an FF forum would be great for all us FFing mamas!
I BLOG... Another New Season
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #17
jarahrocks
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel0123 View Post
If the numbers are really low its hard to keep a forum going so to speak (i'm a mod on another board).

FYI: Only 10% of women cannot breastfeed due to medical reasons and even adopted moms can partially breastfeed. Not judging but throwing out a stat.
I realize the numbers are lower but possibly more people would be willing to come out of hiding if they realized that there is an area they can express themselves in without feeling judgement as well as talk with others who are going through similar experiences? It could even bring more people to the forum when they realize there is support for them and get them involved as members in other areas as well.

I also realize the whole 10% stat but keep in mind there are foster Moms on here so the possibility of bfing is not allowed. Also some people like myself are in unique situations with the children they are have adopted/are adopting or raising and an attempt to bf could cause issues with the arrangement etc. Another thing is some women attempted to bf and due to serious lack of support or other issues despite wanting to be successful chose the route to ff. Even adoptive Mothers who choose to lactate may still need to supplement with formula.

Regardless of why they chose to do so they are still parents with concerns and questions.

ETA: Didn't Canada FSOT start out slow? It's still there. I think the problem with a formula feeding section lies within the people who cannot think outside the box and realize not everyone is successful at bfing but that doesn't make them a bad parent nor less of one.

Last edited by jarahrocks; 10-29-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #18
jax
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I have read that physiologically it is closer to 5%. Unfortunately, lots of mommas don't have the support they need from their families to be successful at BF'ing. Luckily for me DH was awesome, I could have had major problems if it wasn't for him.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #19
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

What is so hard about making a section so mothers who do not follow the status quo of the forum have a place to speak about raising their child? It's not "keeping this forum going" it's catering to the people who already visit this board.

Quote:

That's a statement loaded with underlying judgment. Some mothers formula feed for reasons that aren't even medical. The problem being is that mothers can't be open about that because there will be a backlash on them for "not trying". I've had it happen to me with my oldest daughter (not on this forum). I mean look at the judgment already passed on this thread. I think an area for formula feeding mothers would be good. Then mothers who are adamant about breastfeeding can just not look at it and hopefully avoid some tension caused by a difference of opinions.

Last edited by ferrferr; 10-29-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #20
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

As a side note this is now a "mothering community" as well and feeding a child is part of mothering. Even if it's formula.
Closed Thread