Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #71
KatieZ
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: is there a FF forum?

i come here for other stuff then cd'ing, but i am learning more about it. but i dont use it for cd'ing.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #72
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saongiri View Post
do people actually do this? wow-just wow! I am a huge bfing advocate but I would NEVER say something like that ever!
I was once told I was killing my daughter by feeding her "crap in a can". Yes people really do say that type of sh*t to other mothers to degrade them and make them feel like crap. I was told I never tried hard enough either. That's the sort of thing that scares other mothers to even ask questions, and that shouldn't happen.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #73
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I let the admin know you guys are interested. We'll see what happens.

People should mind their own business. I don't tell people that their babies are worse off for using sposies and I would never say anything negative about FF to a mother who chose that route, unless she asks and then I would say only the benefits of bf. I have clients who do both and I couldn't in my right mind tell that they are wrong. I encourage breastfeeding and help with that, but if a mother wants to FF, that is her choice.

Last edited by Namaste; 10-29-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #74
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Sorry, sometimes I forget how ambiguous things can come across on the internet, let me clarify...

If we added a FF forum simply because there are some mamas here who FF, then we would have to add forums for any and everything, as you said, religions, lifestyles, pl'ing etc... I don't see a reason to constantly add more forums to DS, I know we are a "mothering community" now, but if someone wants to go to a board where there are a million different mothering forums they can go to MDC, I like DS the way it is
Thank you for clarifying...I was sure that it was just the internet filtering emotions again, LOL...glad to know you weren't being a "meanie" on purpose!

Anyways, my last post on here before this gets locked...I vote YES for a FFing subforum!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #75
fosterisacoolcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
I was once told I was killing my daughter by feeding her "crap in a can". Yes people really do say that type of sh*t to other mothers to degrade them and make them feel like crap. I was told I never tried hard enough either. That's the sort of thing that scares other mothers to even ask questions, and that shouldn't happen.
Yes, this happens a lot.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #76
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
i know what you mean hun. i hear people call formula "poison" and i want to send them a picture of my son and ask if he looks like a child who gets poisoned 5-6 times a day. i also want to tell them he is highly advanced (about two months ahead of the curve) and his weight is perfect, so its not like formula is making him stupid and fat like people like to tell you.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #77
JAMmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My
Change is good, We grow from change!

Check us out on Facebook
Old 10-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #78
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I had a mom at a playgroup tell my fosterbaby-she didn't know me or that it was a fosterchild before she said this-that he should tell his mommy that she was feeding him poison and if he wanted some good milk she would BF him! I was new to the playgroup and was totally shocked that someone would say that to a stranger-particularly since she said it TO THE BABY!
I have heard comments while in public that I am poisoning my baby, that I am a horrible mother cuz I am taking the lazy way out giving formula, and tons more rude comments. I have read posts by moms telling FF that it is horrible to ff, that it is poison and more. I have gotten to the point that I rarely comment about FF cuz I am tired of being criticized for it, I can totally see how many ff moms choose NOT to even admit on here that they FF.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #79
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well I guess I see now why a ff forum is needed so the ff mommies can share these stories and supprt each other- ss that mamas are so mean to each other sometimes---of course bf mommies get it too but you guys know that I'm sure
Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #80
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermomcchr View Post
I had a mom at a playgroup tell my fosterbaby-she didn't know me or that it was a fosterchild before she said this-that he should tell his mommy that she was feeding him poison and if he wanted some good milk she would BF him! I was new to the playgroup and was totally shocked that someone would say that to a stranger-particularly since she said it TO THE BABY!
I have heard comments while in public that I am poisoning my baby, that I am a horrible mother cuz I am taking the lazy way out giving formula, and tons more rude comments. I have read posts by moms telling FF that it is horrible to ff, that it is poison and more. I have gotten to the point that I rarely comment about FF cuz I am tired of being criticized for it, I can totally see how many ff moms choose NOT to even admit on here that they FF.
that is not right.

i used to have it in my siggy when i started here (to be fair i also had baby wearing and cding) and sometimes people wouldn't respond to my pms and my posts. call me crazy but when i took that down seemed like i got a lot more replies.
Closed Thread