Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What size to buy

I can't seem to figure out what size AIO's I should be buying for my 3 week old. She was born at 8 lbs 4 oz, but now she is over 10 lbs. It seems as if the smalls are from like 8-14 pounds and mediums are 10-20 pounds for various diapers. I am very interested in more Angel Wraps, Very Baby, and Bumware's but I'm not sure if they run big or small. I don't want to buy lots of them only for them to fit for a week or two. Anyone with suggestions??

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: What size to buy

when we used FB's ds out grew the smalls BEFORE he reached the weight limit bc of his chunky thighs and he was only 3/4months old.

i went to mediums and they were a bit big at first but they worked so much better!

why dont you get a med in what you are looking for off the FSOT board and try it on.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do they measurements aside from weight? Abby's still in xsmalls FBs and the like because how long and lean she is.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 14lbs at almost 5m and is just now growing out of her AWs She was nearly 9lbs. when born, but I didn't want her to wear too big-bulky dipes when she was a newborn. Depends on whether you want a trimmer fit and if you don't mind buying the next size up in 4mos or so...
(What's killing me is I LOVE our AWs and she's been closed for customs forever AND there's no cute girly dipes in medium on her site. The ones on her HC are a bit blah for me. Pooh!)

All that said, DD still fits in all of her WAHM dipes and FBs. Just the AWs got outgrown because her rise shot up (note: she's in the 90th %ile for length.)
Old 07-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We pretty much went right to mediums from the nb size, skipping smalls altogether. I'd go with mediums! (Dd was a similar weight at that age)
Old 07-27-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
juniper29
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm let's see! I've tried all three:
bum-wares - medium aplix would be good (but no crossover tabs) they fit for a pretty wide range of weights - it is a big jump in size from a med to a large - the snaps are good too, and there are crossover snaps
angeldry dipes fit on the large side but they are great dipes
VB fit true, but again, there is a big jump from med to large (go to m/l before you go to large) - they have crossover snaps and aplix, so that is good

I have twins, both have about a 19 inch waist, 11.5 inch thighs, and one has a 15 inch rise, the other has 17 inch rise. The shorter baby can wear medium VBs, med/long VBs, med bum-ware and maybe med angelwraps. The taller baby can wear med/long VBs, large VBs, med bumwares and med angelwraps. All these dipes are not on the cross-over settings but are not on the tightest settings either!

Your best bet would be to take measurements of your baby and email the WAHMs :-)

hope that helps!!!
juniper29 is offline   Reply With Quote