Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
c2afwife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Errrrrrrrrrrrrr

I went in to get DD out of her crib after her nap and what do I find...POOP EVERYWHERE!!! ON her sheets, on her crib, on her stuffed animals, on HER!!! What the &$@#?????? SOOOOO GROSS!!! Is this something a lot of kids do? Is there something wrong with my kid?

Advertisement

c2afwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Errrrrrrrrrrrrr

OMG!!!! Ewww, LOL. Did she take it all out herself, or did it just come out? DS will crouch in front of the TV after he's pooped (and I haven't noticed) and absentmindedly play with the gussets of his diaper (depending on what diaper he has on), then he gets some poop out of the diaper and smears it around. It's SOOO gross!!! Really kind of weird, too. In any case, it's not just your kid, LOL. I find that DS just likes to stick his hand down there (an early Al Bundy I guess), so it's just something that happens, I don't think it's premeditated.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
sparkygirl74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Out of the five kids in my family only one of did that and she grew up to be the cleanest, most organized and tidy of us all. Go figure
Old 07-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #4
skayers01
Registered Users

OMG and I thought I was alone! Hailyn walked up to my dh once and handed him a big turn once! Yep, she sat it right in front of him next to the keyboard. That was the funniest incident. She's also been playing in her room and I go to check on her and she's COVERED in poop and it's on the walls, her bed, all in the plug in socket (had a childproof thing, but it was smeared all over it), on toys, etc. And she had only been in ther for like 10 minutes! That's when we decided it was time to potty train her. She just hated having poop in her diaper. Since then she has NEVER pooped her panties. At least it ends well!
Old 07-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

LOL!!!! Katherine that would have been the BEST thing to get a picture of, LOL!!!!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

I have been lucky so far (knock on wood) that mine haven't wanted to do the poop-smear thing.

I have a good friend whose girls are about 18 months apart and she came into their room after nap time to find the older one PAINTING on the younger one with POOP!!!!!! I just about died when I heard that story!

I've heard that kids who do that like the sensory feeling of it. So make sure you've got a lot of play-doh and other stuff like that around. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure if that will cure it or encourage it

Good luck to you!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

The only time we've ever had that happen was when Camden was really sick with the bad runny poops---his poop would explode everywhere, and he'd be covered in it. Not because he really played with it, but just because it exploded out of his diaper and was EVERYWHERE.

That was one of those parenting moments that you just cringe over. I was dry heaving as I scrubbed his room, and my DH was dry heaving as he bathed Cam.

Not. Fun.

I have heard that a lot of kids do this though, neither of mine ever have (aside from the above incident). Good Luck mama!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #8
mommypooh
Registered Users

I was working in a day care once and I was doing potty time and I went to get the last kid because he wasn't coming when I called for his turn and I found him laying on the floor digging in his diaper rubbing poop on the floor and licking it off his hands. I was so disgusted, I puked. Granted I was also Prego at the time. Oh I need to puke now just htinking avbout it.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #9
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypooh
I was working in a day care once and I was doing potty time and I went to get the last kid because he wasn't coming when I called for his turn and I found him laying on the floor digging in his diaper rubbing poop on the floor and licking it off his hands. I was so disgusted, I puked. Granted I was also Prego at the time. Oh I need to puke now just htinking avbout it.
Eeeewww, that made me cringe. I would have quit my job right then. I would have puked too!
Old 07-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
aliks
Registered Users
seller

My sis has had 3 kids under the age of 3 (two are her biological kids) and all 3 have done that, sometimes they join the poo fest together
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote