Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #21
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Selling Formula Checks?

I send coupons FFS, but I havent got any in years.

I got a case of formula (yes an entire CASE) free when DS was born because he was born on Labor day. I kept it around for about 3 months and then gave it to the local battered womens shelter. Even though it came from the formula company and not WIC I still didnt feel right selling it.

Advertisement

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #22
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Sorry Jodi I was the one who brought up the WIC thing!

When DS was born Enfamil was changing there labels so the nurse at the hospital was asked by the Formula company if she knew of anyone that needed some she told him us because of DH being in the AF so I came back to my room to find 40 ready to serve bottles and 30 8oz powder cans in addition to that I got 12 bottles and 20+ travel size wipes with $2.00 off coupons for diapers and wipes.........needless to say I breast feed and Noah has milk allergies.........Ao i gave all of it to my sister in Ca because She needed more then i did!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #23
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I've used other peoples checks and sent checks to other people w/no problem. I didn't buy them or sell them, we just sent them to each other in envelopes.
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #24
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree withy ou so much on this, I posted a VENT about this, one day when a mama was selling them for high prices and she outed herself and my thread was deleted it makes me so mad that ppl sell formula checks when they get them for free. My ds was on formula because I had problems bf and dried up and formula is costly so I used all the coupons I could, and the ones I had left over I gave FFS.
I have never been asked for my id when we used formula and ds is only 15months old
Old 07-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #25
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

This is such a sore subject for me. Dh and I didn't qualify for WIC because we made just a LITTLE over their limit. DS couldn't BF and he had to be on Hypoallergenic formula. We spent $300 A MONTH!! for 13 months on formula. We spent every penny out of our savings. I was always calling the formula companies to see if they would send me more and they would send like a dollar off coupon. If it weren't for the girls on another board I go to it would have been a lot worse. They really did a nice thing by helping me out. I could never sell those checks when I know there are people like us who are just getting by.

Last edited by BeckyP; 07-30-2006 at 10:17 PM.
BeckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:24 PM   #26
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Ok guys, I cleaned up the thread a little, lets keep this nice and not attack each other.

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:33 PM   #27
Jessicamommyx5
Registered Users

By the grace of God I have never had to buy formula, I breastfed our children and plan to at least try to breastfeed these 2 as well. I think it's wrong to try and sell something that you get for free in the mail, give it away or donate it, but don't try to sell it. It is just wrong!!

Jessica
Jessicamommyx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:03 AM   #28
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you don't want to ship the coupons and formula that you get in the mail you can give them to someone local to you via Freecycle. It is a nice way to give them to someone who needs them. You can find a group local to you by going to freecycle.org.

Wow, I didn't know that the checks are transferrable. I have thrown away hundreds of them. So sad...
camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:59 AM   #29
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have not gotten any checks except FFS from here. I tried signing up my fosterbaby and they never sent any. I appreciate the people who pass on the discount to those of us who need to use formula. Lisa
Old 07-31-2006, 08:15 AM   #30
lastaats
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmommy
Wow, I didn't know that the checks are transferrable. I have thrown away hundreds of them. So sad...
Yeah, me too.