Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
so, what is best

for diapering a newborn? i don't have a clue as to fold and snappie prefolds.

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: so, what is best

You can just trifold it and lay it in the cover. Be sure to get a snug fitting cover. Velcro is good for newborns, because they grow everyday, and you want to get an accurate fit.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Everyone seems to swear by KissaLuvs, too. I have a bunch of them - can't tell you how well they do yet, LOL.
We trifold our sons prefolds in his covers, but there is NO way I'm doing that with a newborn. I think it's best to have that added protection of a prefold folded right inside of a cover for bf poo blowouts if you plan on bfing. You'll still get leaks I'm sure with any diaper, but much less of a problem.
I don't really know how to fold them well, either. DH has NO idea, LOL. We're going to get a stuffed animal out one of these nights and play around with it. We do seem to have a lot of fitteds, though - and some AIOs
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #4
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My husband is WAY prefold challenged. We used xsmall FBs with no problem. She's still fitting 'em for daytime now at two months. (Though, I'm sure that's not normal, she's just long and lean.)
Old 07-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
mamato3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nak
i loved vb fitteds under prorap cover

mamato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #6
jodi5
Registered Users

We trifolded here too, first a trifold soaker in covers and then prefolds in covers once I realized it was the same thing, lol. I love that system, it is so quick and easy.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #7
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
Everyone seems to swear by KissaLuvs, too. I have a bunch of them - can't tell you how well they do yet, LOL.
We trifold our sons prefolds in his covers, but there is NO way I'm doing that with a newborn. I think it's best to have that added protection of a prefold folded right inside of a cover for bf poo blowouts if you plan on bfing. You'll still get leaks I'm sure with any diaper, but much less of a problem.
I don't really know how to fold them well, either. DH has NO idea, LOL. We're going to get a stuffed animal out one of these nights and play around with it. We do seem to have a lot of fitteds, though - and some AIOs
actually we trifolded with an almost newborn completely breastfed with no blowouts!
yeah for proraps as well
personally the fitteds were nice but anything with sherpa didn't work at out all for us.