Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Am I the only one who doesn't like BF?

I simply don't enjoy it. She really doesn't either. She sees it as a way to eat and that's it. Get's pretty ticked when my milk doesn't let down fast enough and if you try to feed her (since birth) or comfort with the breast and she's not hungry she's going to scream bloody murder. I know it's good for her and I don't really mind it, but I most certainly do not get this joy out of it. Kinda goes on the list like: do dishes, BF, do laundry....

Anyone else not experience rapturous joy from BF?

Advertisement

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
meltown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who doesn't like BF?

I am with you.. it is a means of food to me. not something I enjoy and feel a deap bond with liek many mom's describe. most people I have talked with think I am odd, but I''ve always felt that way about it. glad to knwo there is someone else out there who feels that way.
meltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

In the beginning I didnt enjoy it either. I dreaded nursing. But once I git the hang of things I started feeling better about it. Now it;s a piece of cake and I love it. I get to sit down and relax for a while.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
AngelW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't enjoy it at first because I felt like a milk machine.. on demand all the time. It was just too much. But now he is eating three solids a day (8 months) and the nursing is not as demanding. Now I do enjoy the time together. Maybe when your little one is older the relationship will change and you will feel better. Are you bonding well with her regardless of the nursing?

Mommy to Nicholas Ryan
Born 02-22-07
AngelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:03 AM   #5
MamaL
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I REALLY didn't enjoy it at all with my boys. I hated pretty much every aspect of it and couldn't understand at all this "bonding" that everyone talks about. I also had severe PPD with my first, and my husband suspects I had PPD with my second as well.

Now, with my dd, I get it. We are going on six months and I don't see us stopping anytime soon.

Last edited by MamaL; 10-31-2007 at 12:05 AM.
MamaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

When DD#2 is having one of her evening nurse-a-thons I get somewhat annoyed by it because it's a 6 hour or so stretch of time where she nurses off and on. And lately she's been getting distracted and pulling off and of course my overactive letdown = milk sprays all over. I also produce more than enough so when she does this nurse-a-thon and then passes out all night long I wake up in the morning with rocks full of milk for boobs. She'll still be out for a few hours since I get up with DD#1 who gets up between 8:30 and 9. I could also do without her spitting up.

I do like the snuggling and the smiles though (even if the smiles mean spraying milk).
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #7
blessedw2pink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I am so not in love with bf. It has gotten better... the nurse a thons are less and less, but I do see it as a chore most of the time. I might not hate it so much if the nursing sessions went like they should like: expose breast, baby latch on, nurse.... finish/ pull away burp-- happy baby. I get this most days: scream for boob, expose breast, claw and latch on, nurse 1 min, scrape bottom two teeth along nipple as the baby turns head like possessed exorcist child to look at ceiling fan that has been on the whole time, latch on nurse 20 seconds, repeat painful pull off, look around, latch on, nurse, pull away, mommy puts boob up, baby screams and bats at chest, expose boob, nurse 2 mins.....

This is what I deal with. Oh and I am fighting off mastitis for the THIRD time! I do like it when she is falling asleep and nursing and you can hear her gulp the milk... that is sweet. Kinda cool that I can make all the food she needs. But yeah, that feeling is not there all the time. It is like maybe once a week.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:36 AM   #8
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
When DD#2 is having one of her evening nurse-a-thons I get somewhat annoyed by it because it's a 6 hour or so stretch of time where she nurses off and on. And lately she's been getting distracted and pulling off and of course my overactive letdown = milk sprays all over. I also produce more than enough so when she does this nurse-a-thon and then passes out all night long I wake up in the morning with rocks full of milk for boobs. She'll still be out for a few hours since I get up with DD#1 who gets up between 8:30 and 9. I could also do without her spitting up.

I do like the snuggling and the smiles though (even if the smiles mean spraying milk).

I had with my second exactly that. I was producing way to much and it was comming out way too fast causing the spit up (well for us anyway). Our car at one point had milk all over the door! Once I started to nurse him on only one side at a time it got a lot better.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:49 AM   #9
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, I hated every minute of it with my first, I cried with relief and guilt when he self weaned at 8.5 months. We had all kinds of problems with latching and pain, eventually leading to PPD over the whole issue. I never felt like I bonded with him simply because I was BFing. I chose to pump and bottlefeed BM with my second after 5 days as I could already feel the babyblues coming on.
Don't feel bad you're not alone in this!
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it goes in cycles sometimes I love it and sometimes I feel frustrated by it.
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote