Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who doesn't like BF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniehauser View Post
I had with my second exactly that. I was producing way to much and it was comming out way too fast causing the spit up (well for us anyway). Our car at one point had milk all over the door! Once I started to nurse him on only one side at a time it got a lot better.
I already do that. I just always catch the "i'm full" sign a little late since she's been latching on and off so much recently. I had it down to a great science with minimal spitting up and then she changed it up on me!

Advertisement

ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #12
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had times where I have not been so thrilled with BFing. I have encountered lots of BFing problems in my 4 experiences. Each time I was able to make it longer and I felt good about that. This is my first time extended BFing. Most of the time I feel good about it and love being able to comfort DS.

I am a measure and control kind of person, and BFing is a real leap of faith sort of thing. My other issue is that I am sometimes antsy when I need to get other things done and baby wants to nurse. I guess that is part control issue, too. I have had a hard time surrendering to baby's needs at times. But, all in all I will miss it when DS weans. I feel like I have finally gotten it right and now this is very likely my last baby.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I kind of felt like that. It was only towards the end that it was really sweet, but then she weaned. Just know that you're doing the best for your child, and even if you see it as a chore, so is going out to buy formula and making up bottles before each feeding. I know it seemed like a chore a lot for me, but I tried to see it as a break from my other chores, LOL.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
lilyfish
Registered Users
seller

I loved breastfeeding.. until my son got teeth. :/

Even before that, he was a "contortionist" nurser: he'd kick me in the neck and face while nursing from wriggling all around.

More often than not, I just feel nauseated when Jed nurses. I, too, view it as something that has to be done--like a chore. Oh, well... it is what is best for him, so I'll stick with it!
~ emma goldman
lilyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

Hang in there! She's still so young that you may hate it less as she gets a bit older. Still so tough and nonstop at her age.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:23 PM   #16
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

makes me feel better...cause i am dreading it. I am dreading having to wear a bra with nursing pads so i can't wear fitted shirts since the pads will show.

I am dreading it being painful.

I am dreading being the one who has to feed all the time.

I am dreading having to excuse myself in front of people (not comfortable bfing in front of my dad...just couldn't do it).

I know it's the right thing to do and really want it to work out...but i am not psyched about it!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #17
lizzytra
Registered Users

I "did it for the baby" for the first 2-3 months. It was uncomfortable for me and then it slowly started to turn into something I actually enjoyed. It stopped being uncomfortable, I started to feel less like Niagra Falls, and it became 2nd nature.

So, things might turn around for you. One things w/babies is that their always changing and growing!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #18
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are times when I really just don't "feel like it". Especially when I am just so exhausted from all the kids! (I run a in home daycare). I just want a break sometimes. DH will give her expressed breast milk, but then I just have to pump, so no real break.
But then there is other times when I love the quiet time with her. Where we can sit and relax. She gives me little smiles that just melt my heart and then she keeps eating. I know she really enjoys the snuggle time with mommy. And those moments is what keeps me wanting to breastfeeding her and never want to stop.
Sure sometimes I feel like the "dairy queen", but I know this is what is best for her and I love giving her only the best!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:34 PM   #19
buarising
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedw2pink View Post
Yep, I am so not in love with bf. It has gotten better... the nurse a thons are less and less, but I do see it as a chore most of the time. I might not hate it so much if the nursing sessions went like they should like: expose breast, baby latch on, nurse.... finish/ pull away burp-- happy baby. I get this most days: scream for boob, expose breast, claw and latch on, nurse 1 min, scrape bottom two teeth along nipple as the baby turns head like possessed exorcist child to look at ceiling fan that has been on the whole time, latch on nurse 20 seconds, repeat painful pull off, look around, latch on, nurse, pull away, mommy puts boob up, baby screams and bats at chest, expose boob, nurse 2 mins.....

This is what I deal with. Oh and I am fighting off mastitis for the THIRD time! I do like it when she is falling asleep and nursing and you can hear her gulp the milk... that is sweet. Kinda cool that I can make all the food she needs. But yeah, that feeling is not there all the time. It is like maybe once a week.
HAHAHA!!! I have that same exorcist child who simply MUST look at the ceiling fan while stretching my nipple out as far as humanly possible! I laughed out loud at your post!!!
buarising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #20
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry you all feel this way! I love BFing and was never frustrated w/ DS1, however have had some moments w/ DS2. Like when my nipple was almost hanging off (ouch) the three bouts of mastitis, the thrush, the teeth... and now the contortions. I was never frustrated w/ him, just that it wasn't as easy as it was w/ DS1. I also am sometimes frustrated when no one wants to keep him b/c he's bf, but they will keep other family members babies that are FF. However, I wouldn't give it up for the world!
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote