Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2007, 10:27 PM   #21
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who doesn't like BF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson View Post
makes me feel better...cause i am dreading it. I am dreading having to wear a bra with nursing pads so i can't wear fitted shirts since the pads will show.

I am dreading it being painful.

I am dreading being the one who has to feed all the time.

I am dreading having to excuse myself in front of people (not comfortable bfing in front of my dad...just couldn't do it).

I know it's the right thing to do and really want it to work out...but i am not psyched about it!
Totally not trying to give BF a bad name, but ...

Oh, I wear fitted shirts all the time. Get a slightly padded nursing bra and I use lashinoh (sp) disposable pads or some hard to find Gerbers that don't have the fake nipple.
The pain goes away. Some babies just suck really hard and you get used to it. I wasn't psyched about it either. oh well, it's sure a h*** of a lot cheaper than formula

Thanks mammas. I'm glad to know i'm not alone. Everyone else just seems to be so blissfully happy!

Oh, and we are bonding just fine and really didn't have any problems BF except when she had really bad acid reflux before it was diagnosed. Didn't really care for her much as a person for a month or two. Kinda thought of her as a broken toy that cried constantly. One of the reasons I feel cheated having had a cs.

Advertisement

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:29 PM   #22
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're not alone. Munchkin sees it as food time and so do I. I enjoy other parts of motherhood more.

That said, I do enjoy BFing to a certain point. I'm sure we'll both be ready to be done when she weans.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #23
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just putting another vote in the "it gets so much better pile" I promise- okay?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #24
camillesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never gotten the ecstatic joy out of BFing that so many moms profess to have, and it makes me very sad. I have wanted it to be a bonding experience, but it was tough from the beginning when I was on mag sulfate and had a C-section. BFing has been a source of tremendous guilt and psychological issues for me. BUT since I have to supplement with formula, (goes back to bad hospital experience), I realize how amazing breast milk is, and how it is really the best thing for my daughter. I consider BFing as one of the sacrifices I make for my daughter to have a healthy life, regardless of whether I enjoy it or not. It would just be nice if I enjoyed it more... you're not alone.

BTW, just when I thought it was getting better, she's hit the wiggle, pull off, bite down stage and it's driving me NUTS. I am starting her on cereal next week.

Last edited by camillesmom; 10-31-2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typos
camillesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #25
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama,
you made a comment in one of the posts above (forgot to hit quote, now cannot find it easily) about looking at baby as a broken toy that cries all the time during the first 2 months and having a cs. I was warned in the hospital because I have had PPD with 2 of the other 3 kiddos that a c-section causes a higher number of moms with PPD for many reasons of course, but I would call your ob or doctor or someone and maybe look at how you are feeling about other things too. (and no, I dont' LOVE nursing lol, its definitely not my favorite thing to do, but it sure gives me a break from other things during the day!) now if my shirt wasn't covered in spit up right now i would be much happier!
So from one mama to another Lots of and definitely take a look at everything to see if maybe there are more things that you used to enjoy that you don't or if things are really frustrating you easily or aggrivating you easier than "normal" You may have slight ppd.
but
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #26
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

This thread makes me so sad. momma!

I adore breastfeeding. I dont think I could ever see it as a ''chore''. Even through rough starts, poor latch, thrush, mastitis, severe reflux and GERD, teething and now acrobatic nursing I love every minute of it.
this_mel_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:58 AM   #27
Mom2Girls0407
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I the begining it was very hard for me too. Now after 9 months of it, I can't imagine not doing it. Much easier then making a bottle, washing it and such. With bottle feeding (I did with my first), you have no hands...one to hold the bottle and one to hold the baby. Now with breast I can go online, read, write...and such because I have 1 and sometimes 2 hands
Old 11-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #28
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remrath View Post
Totally not trying to give BF a bad name, but ...

Oh, I wear fitted shirts all the time. Get a slightly padded nursing bra and I use lashinoh (sp) disposable pads or some hard to find Gerbers that don't have the fake nipple.
The pain goes away. Some babies just suck really hard and you get used to it. I wasn't psyched about it either. oh well, it's sure a h*** of a lot cheaper than formula

Thanks mammas. I'm glad to know i'm not alone. Everyone else just seems to be so blissfully happy!

Oh, and we are bonding just fine and really didn't have any problems BF except when she had really bad acid reflux before it was diagnosed. Didn't really care for her much as a person for a month or two. Kinda thought of her as a broken toy that cried constantly. One of the reasons I feel cheated having had a cs.
I am having trouble finding a "slightly padded" bra in a 34A...ha ha...maybe a B if the boob fairy is good to me when my milk comes in...but nothing much so far. I will have to look for lanisoh pads...i was hoping to use the reusable, but they all seem like they will show through. I recently ordered some thinner ones though, so my fingers are crossed.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote