Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #41
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Vax and my baby

My mindset it this. the risk of a child getting the disease and then the small chance that they end up debilitated or dead from natural expasure is so much less than getting a shot and having a reaction that ends up debilitating them or killing them from pourposeful exposure (sp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23
Either way you can't win, imo.

On one hand, you vax and possibly save your child from suffering, or possibly dying from many diseases.

On the other, you vax and your child ends up with Autism and the like.
Please don't delete!!! this is a good thread. there wasn't much nastyiness at all. (compared to what could have been)/ if you delete it, you will have a thread full of wonderful info just gone!!

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2006, 09:04 AM   #42
counterGOPI
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowynne
I am also a heath care professional & I agree with rxmommy. I have vaccinated all 3 of my children. My oldest is gifted, my 5yr old has ADHD & ODD (she got the mercury FREE vaxes), my 18mo old just finished her vaxs on wednesday & is also showing precociousness.

It is your right to vax or not your child. I find it interesting that all this talk of "autism is caused by mercury in the vaxes" and its the child that didnt get that stuff that has the issues in our family.
mercury free vaxes also contain aluminum..another cause of problems in young cildren just like the mercury

IDSO: Ruskovilla and Disana items & hanna andersson play dresses
counterGOPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 AM   #43
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Re: DELETE

As the mother of 2 children, I am asking to not delete this message, but maybe post a warning about the lack of sensitivity on both sides in both choices and wording. I look for threads with so much info (like this one) because I have had the most terrible feeling about giving my dd2 shots.

My first dd was fully vaxed and is up to date until kindergarden. She is brilliant and gifted but has behavior issues. I'm not quite sure if she has anything diagnosable or is just plain not listening to me, but either way, it can be pretty frustrating.

DD2 on the other hand is waaayyy behind in shots. I just don't want her to get them and dr. always talks me into it by saying that there has been no studies to prove any links from vaxes to illnesses. I don't buy that. She is so calm natured and thriving that I just don't want to mess anything up by introducing foreign things into her body. Part of me thinks I should vax because I live in So. Cali where our state is congested with non-citizens, some of which are not vaxed and could possibly carry diseases from other countries that she is not prepared to fight. What do I do?

SoftBumBaby:I like what you said about waiting to vax, I might do this too. Is there a decrease in behavioral or health side affects if we wait to vax?

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #44
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

I have to say that I do NOT think this thread should be deleted. I think it's very helpful and that there are alot of mama's that could be in the same situation and benefit from this. You are doing a great job holding your own... I really think this should stay for the educational benefits. You may be helping someone in a similar situation
Old 07-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #45
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftBumBaby
(Although my oldest DS is 20 years old and didn't have 24 shots in 24 months....it's only in recent years that vax have gotten so ridiculously out of hand.)
I also do not remember having so many vaccines as a kid. In fact, I hadn't had the vaccines needed until I was in fifth grade. I wondered about all of these new ones myself.

ANd lets say you choose not to vax your child. Can he/she attend school?
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:23 PM   #46
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
ANd lets say you choose not to vax your child. Can he/she attend school?
Yes. Different states have different exemptions though...
http://www.909shot.com/state-site/state-exemptions.htm

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #47
Winnie
Registered Users

SoftBumBaby, Your post caught my attention because I have a good friend who has a beautiful dd battling autism. My friend has done TONS of research on autism and amazes me with what she knows. She recently mentioned that her dd was going to be starting chelation. I thought I could get you two ladies in contact. You sound like such a great Mom and I hope she can help. If nothing else, youmay just find someone who knows what you're going through. Please PM me and I'll pass along your e-mail addy to her.

I also like to add...Even though Jenny's remarks were somewhat out of line, I honestly don't think she meant for them to be as harsh as they sounded. I think she offered the very same advise she was given when she was so negative about HER OWN dd's disability. I'm just thankful to see that she FINALLY has a positive outlook for her beautiful dd.
Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #48
crunchy-mama
Registered Users

Hugs to the OP. It sux when you ask a question about your own babyand get everyones advice on other kids.
We all know you love your child and think you are a super mommy!
crunchy-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #49
counterGOPI
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaarrington
As the mother of 2 children, I am asking to not delete this message, but maybe post a warning about the lack of sensitivity on both sides in both choices and wording. I look for threads with so much info (like this one) because I have had the most terrible feeling about giving my dd2 shots.

My first dd was fully vaxed and is up to date until kindergarden. She is brilliant and gifted but has behavior issues. I'm not quite sure if she has anything diagnosable or is just plain not listening to me, but either way, it can be pretty frustrating.

DD2 on the other hand is waaayyy behind in shots. I just don't want her to get them and dr. always talks me into it by saying that there has been no studies to prove any links from vaxes to illnesses. I don't buy that. She is so calm natured and thriving that I just don't want to mess anything up by introducing foreign things into her body. Part of me thinks I should vax because I live in So. Cali where our state is congested with non-citizens, some of which are not vaxed and could possibly carry diseases from other countries that she is not prepared to fight. What do I do?

SoftBumBaby:I like what you said about waiting to vax, I might do this too. Is there a decrease in behavioral or health side affects if we wait to vax?
yes there is a decrease b/c if you wait til 2 or 3 years old their immune systems are more built up and able to handle the poisons being put in them better. its not a 100% decrease but it is still much,much better than getting them as a baby.also if you can try and get the shots individualy instead of combo shots(like dtap) b/c the combo ones have more mercury and aluminum in them then your child's body can handle.hth!

IDSO: Ruskovilla and Disana items & hanna andersson play dresses
counterGOPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 PM   #50
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

Oh please keep this thread! I think the more posts on vaccines the better, if anything it will give mama's a reason to hopefully research before they ever inject their child with anything.

And that is what is important... being informed BEFORE you do anything that you cannot undo. And reading the VIS and CDC info the peds office hands you is not doing your research.

And I for one believe that it is important to leave your child's immune system intact and healthy. I'd rather my child spend a week resting because of mumps than a lifelong disorder like autism, ADHD, cancer, diabetes, etc, etc, etc, etc.