Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 07:54 AM   #11
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Yea, I would like that link if anyone has it. I am so pro breastfeeding/ anti-formula it is not even funny and I think it is BS that someone would feel BF is GROSS! I am agreeing with everyone else too!

Advertisement

greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #12
hauser
Registered Users
seller

That cover is so, sooooo adorable! What a cute baby! That is what I noticed by the way nt the boob!! Man that cover shows about as much or maybe even less skin than some of the magazines my husband likes to buy!! They are not playboy or anything either I might add, those women are just covering their nipples with their hand and not a baby!! Nudity is thought of a little differently here is europe I have realized that since we have visited and now that we live here. Off the military base you see tons of mamas nursing their babes and they very rarely have covers! On base they are always covered though, or the mamas who usually nurse give bottles in public!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #13
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniehauser
Man that cover shows about as much or maybe even less skin than some of the magazines my husband likes to buy!!
I agree! I will bet that the weekend movie these offended people get has MORE breast tissue showing or ALL of it (nipple and all) and they don't get offended but actually enjoy seeing it! It irks me that what a breast is actually for would upset somebody but seeing it on the "big screen" is OK!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #14
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think this article is ridiculous though and just beyond not right!!

Last edited by *~Mindy~*; 07-28-2006 at 08:16 AM.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #15
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

I love that cover. Look at the way that baby is looking up at his (her?) mother. It is incredibly sweet.

There's less showing of that breast than on most beaches I've attended, so I'm not sure what all the hubub is about. Part of the swell of one breast is showing. Big deal. People can be so strange about stuff like this.

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:45 PM   #16
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

man this just makes me mad. Im sooo mad I don't even know what to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #17
sheandaru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm at a loss for words.

sheandaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:04 PM   #18
mommato2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What's pitiful is the mama who has a 4 MONTH OLD and saying it's gross. WOW. I'm SO lucky that here I've never had anyone tell me it was inapropriate to breastfeed in public, I don't use a blanket to cover up, just the t-shirt and baby's head and nothing ever shows. And I have people looking at me with smiles on their faces, how awesome is that?

Society is already twisted and sick so it doesn't surprise me they've got their views on this all screwed up, that **** is ok but a nursing baby is not. How pitiful!!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #19
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to say that I'm NOT the kind of person that speaks up about things even if they do bother me, too much of a people pleaser I guess, but this article really made me sad

I sent an email to babytalk, which is something I never would have done before and the combination of that article and the nursing pictures here on ds, I've convinced myself to extend my BFing goal from 1 year to as long as we feel like going!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #20
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

And if you're looking at that cover...and the only thing you see is a partial breast, then you've got bigger problems (dunno what they are, but...) because the baby's (adorable!) face takes up most of the page and the partial breast - you can't even see anything! Long story that I won't go into, but I wasn't able to breastfeed for very long...but I'm still very pro-breastfeeding and I can't believe that someone...a mother..would go SO FAR as to say that it's gross??? that just baffles me.