Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
partyelf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Nursing tanks

I have a couple from Motherwear.com and really like them. They are longer than the ones from Motherhood and stretchy. Plus they have a second panel to cover your boob in case the hook comes undone.

I also second the ebay seller mom4life if you go the glamourmom route. She is very fast.

Advertisement

partyelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #12
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Oh duh!!!!! Thanks for reminding me about Mothewear, Shannon! I used to get their mags ALL THE TIME after I was done nursing my son, LOL. Now that I would need one it's not here, LOL.
I'll check those out, too. I think I'll have to talk my mom into a Glamourmom one for my birthay or something, LOL.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 PM   #13
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Target tanks, too short but the best support I've found so far (I'm a DD)

motherhood, yuck all around. too short, no support, nothing good to say about them.

glamourmom, the maternity one is nice and long but they don't offer the same support as the target ones unless you get the bra top one and they don't come in maternity, fabric is much nicer than target too

It's close to $50 but I'm ready to try the bravado next
trashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:26 PM   #14
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

If you get the Glamourmom one, I suggest the one that has the bra strap style. I have 2 with the regular cotton strap and it stretched out b/c my breasts were too large for the minimal support on the straps. I tried the bra style one and LOVED it. Much better for a large busted mama!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 PM   #15
Kimmomy2dom
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Some of the ladies on a twin board suggested just using my regular maternity tanks for awhile - all but one I have grown out of, LOL. I have a question, though. If one were to use a regular maternity tank (with the built-in shelf bra) would it be better to pull the whole tank up over your tummy and breast, or tuck the top part under your breast? It seems so much easier to just tuck under the breast from the top, but I would think it would SERIOUSLY stretch things out, KWIM?
What do you think? I'll probably try an actual nursing one at some point, too. I just think I should wait and see how big I am after awhile to make the call of what kind to order.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:48 PM   #16
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wear nothing but spaghetti strap shirts, almost all of them have built in bras, i wear a d or dd..i have 2 target ones, theyr definitely way better than the motherhood as far as support, butfor either DONT put them in the dryer!!
and he just pops my boob out the top for anything, imo, its showing way less than showing my whole belly, half my back and the whole botom of my boob, kwim:? and it hasnt stretched out anything, really, except one juniors ribknit shirt i wear some with no bra inside thinggy, and a plain super thin white one thats supposed to go under one of those dip dye sweter thinggies. other than that, no stretched out anything!!

i do like motherhoods long sleeved matching mommy and baby shirt s i got, though its hard to bf in a carrier since the front panel is what lifts up with one still covering your belly, theyre comfy though and they sell a lot of different just the shirts, but mine is long sleeved (the blue dip dye if you ever saw it??) and i dont wear it now since its so dang hot, but i like those, theyre nice for nontank styles
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:51 PM   #17
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and yeah waiting to see how big you/your boobs are is a good idea, i needed xl and xxl and my boobs were still too big for them, they were majorly stretched out, etc and now the shirts are too big, , like to the point i cant wear them, as well as my 3 nursing bras i had, i cant wear any of it, theres no support whatsoever, though they were stretched to the max and then some right after i had him.... so if youre going with something more than 20bucks or so, id definitely see how you even out at about a month pp or so for your boobs and since i didnt have twins i dunno about your belly, but maybe wait until then tooand maybe get one that could possibly be a little tight but gives good support for your boobs, and if it is just wear a button up over it or something?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #18
Kimmomy2dom
seller

My Mood:

LOL, thanks Mindy. Yeah, my boobs are already too big for XXL shirts now - I don't even want to try the nursing ones for fear I won't be happy, LOL. They really aren't that big, I think busts on shirts are getting small!
I'm wearing a maternity one that doesn't fit over my tummy anymore (well, only one of them does) and the bust is already pretty stretched out from the weight, so I think they might just pop out on their own anyway.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #19
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i totally think the bust part of shirts are getting small! it rives me totally nuts!! ive seen some med shirts that the bust is 32, with no stretch. wth??? thats like...toothpick with a washboard on the front, HOW can that be a med sized shirt?? ugh...

yeah my last couple months i could wear the ones i was talking about, they fit, lke exactly, and then i had him, and well, it hurt trying to stuff them in!! and i do mean stuff!! but hopefully you can find something!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #20
automatik2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you thought about getting a belly hugger or something similar?

the more i look at them, the more i want one to cover my belly while nursing and not worry about my flab hanging out! then you can just wear a regular shirt and nursing bra.