Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #11
automatik2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: please email babytalk!!!

done! thanks for the link to cnn. i stopped getting babytalk a while back, but i'll try and pick up an issue of this one!

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2006, 08:39 AM   #12
counterGOPI
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8blessings
emailing them.
editing to say- that you can get a FREE BABY TALK SUBSCRIPTION http://www.babytalk.com , upper right corner link.
and tell them you did it b/c of their cover and new founded BF support!

IDSO: Ruskovilla and Disana items & hanna andersson play dresses
counterGOPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #13
EstimosNBearHugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It drives me nuts that it's ok to flash boobs at malls on advertisements and have Playboys and such at gas stations but a tastefully done picture a baby breastfeeding causes this much of a ruckus. *rolls eyes* I'll e-mail them after while.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #14
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Emailing now. How in the world can such a natural thing be referred to as disgusting? *shaking head*
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:23 AM   #15
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

that's a good point estimos!!!! drives me nuts too!!!

i e-mailed them last week about this issue...twice actually! once thanking them for this cover and inside info. and once asking them why cloth diapering was not suggested in the savings section they had! lol. hopefully i'll get a response!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #16
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstimosNBearHugs
It drives me nuts that it's ok to flash boobs at malls on advertisements and have Playboys and such at gas stations but a tastefully done picture a baby breastfeeding causes this much of a ruckus. *rolls eyes* I'll e-mail them after while.
a big fat
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #17
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

It is nice to know that MOTHERS are teaching their children that breasts are sexual things. LOL I have always known since I was a very very young girl that I would breast feed and My son is BF I want him to know that the breast is a source of nutrition, and food. This is simply wrong these people can watch nasty r rated movies with people having what is supposed to be sex but a picture of a baby eating is Sexual WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.......................

here is the quote "I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast -- it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."

I think I like this one better.....

"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old.

I still don't understand how eating is gross.

ok this one is great too. if this really is the case DON'T LOOK.

"I respect it and think women have the right," says Kreutz, 34, of Bozeman, Montana. "But personally, it makes me really uncomfortable."

ETA I like how he respect the womens right, Isn't it the childs right to eat? LOL

Sorry this just makes me sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI
the cover of the new issue of baby talk magazine?
how great is that? i already emailed them a letter saying thanks for showing breastfeeding on their cover. that is rare for mainstream mags to do,no?
anyways if you get a chance please email them to say thanks,too we need to support them for doing things like this b/c we already know they will get lots of negative letters for it!!

their email is:letters@babytalk.com

thought id add this link:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/27/nursing.cover.ap/index.html

one mom shredded the magazine b/c she didnt want her kids to see it!! WTH?!?!?!

Last edited by Hayley; 07-28-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:45 AM   #18
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

It is really sad, but I try not to let ignorance get thebest of me. These people are obviously immature, and childish and probably pretty uneducated about breast feeding. I dont want to spend my time getting all worked up over OTHER people and what they think. If they chose to worry about it so much FINE. Doesnt bother me none, because if I let it get to me I'm just gonna get angry about it.
I havent seen the magazine. Riley has a dr. appt Monday they usually have stacks of Baby Talk I'll pick one up then.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #19
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI
im one of those girls that nevr knew BFing existed til i was about 21!! sad huh?!?! its such a bottle culture in america. i only found out about BFing b/c i nannied a sweet lil 3 YO vegan boy whos mama extended nursed. she was so open and great about it
Wow.. You know I didnt really know what it was until I got pregnant with my first child! It's just something you don't hear about!! I think now more people are getting open to it, I hope by the time my daughter's are old enough to have babies breastfeeding is something EVERYONE does and succeeds at..

There is still a few idiots that linger around, being an azz about breastfeeding, God didn't give women breasts for the MAN, he gave them to us for the children.. What idiots!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #20
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love it! I emailed and got a subscription! I do childcare for the army in my home and I met a mom the other day that still bfs her 15 month old daughter! I told her that I wish I was still lactating and could do that, but for some reason my ds didn't want anything to do with me after 6 months

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote