Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
Shelsi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help Me Find A Pocket Dipe!

My dd is proving to be a challenge when it comes to cloth diapers. I guess I was spoiled by ds who was in fuzzi bunz the whole time and never had a leak.

Dd is 3 mos old and about 15 lbs. Happy heinies do not work for her because the rise seems too short. She ends up with MAJOR butt crack showing...like half her butt lol. I don't understand it but fuzzi bunz are leaking on her, even with 2 inserts, and they are not repelling. I tried snap-ez pockets. She has huge thighs but a smaller waist. So the chubby mediums are too big in the waist and the mediums are too small in the thighs. Also the chubby mediums are also too low in the back like the HH's and show butt crack. Ruth at snap-ez suggested the larges but they are just too large all over. Another thing I have noticed is that I think the fleece from the HH's and FBs were irritating her skin so I need a pocket dipe that has suede cloth available. Oh and I don't like the Bum genius dipes, we had a lot of problems with them with my ds.

So where do I go from here? The FB's (size small) fit her the best but leak and are only fleece lined. Is there anything similar in design but with suede cloth perhaps?

I'm open to any suggestions. I hate prefolds and covers but right now they are the only things that work!

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
southernbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help Me Find A Pocket Dipe!

i was hoping the new fb would have suede cloth, that would be awesome i will be poor if they do
southernbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried PBPD? Love those, maybe a size 1L would fit.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
kanwrig
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a Harley from FSOT and it seems like it would be a better fit for a kid that has larger legs and a bigger rise than average for their weight. it really didn't fit my son at all so i will probably end up selling it in the next couple days.

Last edited by kanwrig; 11-02-2007 at 08:45 PM.
kanwrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe the new 3.0 BG's will work better for you? I have always loved them though.

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
My dd is proving to be a challenge when it comes to cloth diapers. I guess I was spoiled by ds who was in fuzzi bunz the whole time and never had a leak.

Dd is 3 mos old and about 15 lbs. Happy heinies do not work for her because the rise seems too short. She ends up with MAJOR butt crack showing...like half her butt lol. I don't understand it but fuzzi bunz are leaking on her, even with 2 inserts, and they are not repelling. I tried snap-ez pockets. She has huge thighs but a smaller waist. So the chubby mediums are too big in the waist and the mediums are too small in the thighs. Also the chubby mediums are also too low in the back like the HH's and show butt crack. Ruth at snap-ez suggested the larges but they are just too large all over. Another thing I have noticed is that I think the fleece from the HH's and FBs were irritating her skin so I need a pocket dipe that has suede cloth available. Oh and I don't like the Bum genius dipes, we had a lot of problems with them with my ds.

So where do I go from here? The FB's (size small) fit her the best but leak and are only fleece lined. Is there anything similar in design but with suede cloth perhaps?

I'm open to any suggestions. I hate prefolds and covers but right now they are the only things that work!
My DD is exactly the same size right now and about the same age (born 8/8) and we love snap ez. We have the snaps tightest on the waist and the middle snap on the legs and we get a perfect fit. Now she is a heavy wetter so we have to stuff stuff stuff, but have you tried the snap ez fleece pockets? They are just a little bit bigger. If the chubby mediums are too loose in the tummy the skinny larges probably won't work either, but I can try on my 3 month old if you want because her 2 year old sister wears a skinny large.

Have you considered a skinny large prestons pants? I never thought about trying the one I have on the baby, but maybe I should.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #7
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh have you tried stuffing a regular infant prefold in your pockets? My DD soaks through 2 joey bunz inserts and does okay with an infant pf, but two hemp fleece thirsties would be the bomb if I ever get them in. They fit so well and are so trim in the snap ez for us.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
anshu_sharma7
Registered Users

Why don't u try some Little lambs? They have the hemp cotton soakers and that touches baby's skin. I am selling some if u r interested. See my post in All in ones for little lambs.
anshu_sharma7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
Big Grown-Up Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You might like GADs...they fill in the gap between a lot of other pocket diaper sizes...(plenty of thigh room too)
Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #10
jca61502
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was going to recommend GADs too. We only have 3 and I SO wish I could trade my 15 FBs for a stash of GADs instead! They are awesome!
jca61502 is offline   Reply With Quote