View Poll Results: Do you let your kids watch Disney/Pixar movies?
Yes 63 70.79%
No 6 6.74%
Sometimes 20 22.47%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2006, 03:37 AM   #51
skayers01
Registered Users

Re: Do you let your kids watch Disney/Pixar movies?

My dd woke up from her nap and we were watching Doom in he livingroom. She saw all the blood and guts and began laughing saying "Eeeww made mess!!!" And laughing more! (We did turn it off though)

With that said, I'm not too worried about her picking up on anything from her movies yet. She can recite Madigascar and Pooh Heffalump, but doesn't really understand it all. Why do they even bother putting inappropriate things in their movies anyway?!?! I don't understand the point!

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #52
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not too worried about what my daughter watches/ or will watch. I was also raised where they censored sexual content and that's almost it. We sat down as a family when I was 9 or 10 and watched Freaks. My dad even made popcorn. I don't watch that much tv, but I love my movies. I want to teach my daughter that just because something looks scary (or different), it doesn't mean that you should fear it. As far as language goes, yeah, you hear much worse in just going out. I respect the way other mommies want to raise their children, but me, I cant' wait to see Dead Man's Chest and my daughter will be with me. She already loves Johnny Depp.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #53
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The part on Madagasgar I don't like and cringe everytime is when Gloria gets out of her box in the wild and has like crabs or something attatched to her in a binkini shape(one on each "boob" and one on the croch) and says "Ok boys, funs over"...and they pop off. I find that extremely sexual. Unfortanutly I can't bleep that out.

As for the TV Gaurdian~ You can buy that am Christian Bookstores. They run about $40. Ours was a gift but I think thats what FIL said he paid for it. I personally am very happy with it. It does cut out the entire sentance that the offending word is in and puts a new sentance in type at the bottom. It can be a pain sometimes when you know the word is not a serious one but it's ok. Everyonce in a while in DH's movies it mixes big words...I say it's because he picks out movies with so much cussing the poor thing can't keep up. Also, I tell him...hey if you just wanna read why dont' you get a book...LOL ANYWAY! My kids have never complained about the words being on the bottom or missing a part of the sentance.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #54
maxmazmom
Registered Users

I pick and choose what I let DS watch. I try to watch things first and then decide. Nemo, the Toy Story movies, etc are movies that I enjoy watching with him. Well, at least I used to. After the 500th watching, they get a little old.

Shrek and Shrek 2 are PG movies. The language and contents show it.
maxmazmom is offline   Reply With Quote