Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
hannahlove
Registered Users

Diaper pails? Stinky?

What do you use at home for your dirty dipes? Do you just use a pail? Doesn't that stink? Does anyone use wetbags at home or are those mainly just for out-of-the-house trips?

Advertisement

hannahlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
stellar225
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diaper pails? Stinky?

I have a Snap-EZ pail liner that fits inside my pail, which is this one: http://www.kidsurplus.com/saf09103who.html

I also take a wipe and put some TTO on it then toss it in the pail. I change it each time I do diaper laundry.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar225
I have a Snap-EZ pail liner that fits inside my pail, which is this one: http://www.kidsurplus.com/saf09103who.html

I also take a wipe and put some TTO on it then toss it in the pail. I change it each time I do diaper laundry.
That's the same diaper pail I have. I love it, but I wish it were bigger. When I have the money, I'm going to buy a big rubbermaid trashcan and use that as my pail.

I don't have a wetbag--I want one, but still don't have one. Right now I just use the cheap-o garbage bags that are vanilla scented. I haven't ever had problems with my pail stinking. I also use a wipe with some lavender or tto on it, and put that in the little compartment on my pail. Sometimes I'll throw some baking soda in the bottom too.

I change the bag everytime I wash (every other-to every 3rd day), and let it air out for a while. It's never really been stinky. I also wash it out every couple of weeks or so.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a MOE hanging bag, it can snap on to the door knob or a hook. It has a little microfiber cloth that you can put oils on to keep it smelling fresh. I also ordered some pail powder and that's supposed to help keep it fresh too. Our bag is in my bedroom and I never smell it unless it totally full and I pick it up to take it out to wash and I just empty the bag and throw the bag in as well! Its awesome!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
widdletigger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use a MOE hanging pail in our laundry room. I put some tto on the little absorbant strip it has in it and we are usualy fine. I did get pail powder from northern essence and will sprinkel some in with every poopy diaper, but before the pail powder we were doing fine with just the tto.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 13gal rubbermaid with a foot pedal opening lid, inside that I put my xl wetbag made by our very own mommy2zander, i put a little TTO on the mf square she sews into the side. NO odors. I was every 3 days and it could seriously hold about 5 days worth of dipes. I also have a rubbermade 8gal can in my computer room (has a push button opening lid), another wetbag by the mama above, do the same to it....holds about 3 days worth since its the can we use most often.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
shell015
Banned
seller

We bought a plastic pail at Wal-mart. It looks like the old silver garbage pails but this one is plastic see through bottom with a aqua blue lid that snaps on and off and seals the smell inside ($4.97). We also put the deoderant things that hang inside the tank part of your toilet (2/ $1.00) in there and the smell is minimal but it never touches the dipes therefore you don't have to worry about baby being alergic.

Last edited by shell015; 07-28-2006 at 03:23 PM.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #8
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
I use a MOE hanging bag, it can snap on to the door knob or a hook. It has a little microfiber cloth that you can put oils on to keep it smelling fresh. I also ordered some pail powder and that's supposed to help keep it fresh too. Our bag is in my bedroom and I never smell it unless it totally full and I pick it up to take it out to wash and I just empty the bag and throw the bag in as well! Its awesome!

Me too. Love my MOE bag(s), I have the travel bag, too.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #9
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a flip top can lined with a nylon wet bag. I pull the bag out and dump everything in the wash. Put a new wet bag in the pail. When ds was under 10-12 months I left the lid open on the pail and never had problems. Once he started having stinky toddler pee I just kept the lid closed. A pail pal/deo disk is nice, but not necessary. The only time I notice smell is when I dump it all in the washer- which seems normal since the dipes are full of pee.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
hannahlove
Registered Users

for all your replies! I can't wait to try some of your suggestions
hannahlove is offline   Reply With Quote