Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:
sugestions for comfy underwear....

I'm wanting to start looking early for maternity panties/underwear ( whatever you call them where your from lol) but needing some suggestions on comfy, non granny panties, that are affordable too, with my last preg I just bought lowcut and they went below my belly but was pretty uncomfortable as I was further along they would roll under my belly...

So any suggestions would be nice, also I am not in the same physical shape as the maternity models...so I wonder what brands fir a curvy woman they " way they are supposed to "?

Thanks

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: sugestions for comfy underwear....

Hanes comfort stretch waist band I wore/wear them throughout both pgs (had to size up at the end of dd's). I found that somehow the white ones are stretchier than the colors for whatever reason, but they're the only thing I wear! AND CHEAP! I think they're the bikini ones
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
Hanes comfort stretch waist band I wore/wear them throughout both pgs (had to size up at the end of dd's). I found that somehow the white ones are stretchier than the colors for whatever reason, but they're the only thing I wear! AND CHEAP! I think they're the bikini ones
Thats what I plan on using this time too! They are so much more comfy and the only brand that the size I wear actually covers my(slightly oversized) booty like I want it too.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I liked the under the belly ones at motherhood. Regular ones fit okay, but the crotch panel hits to far back. The maternity ones have the crotch panel moved forward so it gives you the extra layer in the area that is likely to be drippy, instead of on your butt. I hope that makes sense, I know it sounds weird lol.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
I second these! Ive got the bikini kind, and they go down below my belly, sooooooo comfy! And im wearing the same size pre preggo! Not too tight, not too loose, and NOT granny panties
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #6
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lemme tell ya from experience....DONT buy the motherhood maternity panties They're too low cut and don't cover your girlie parts if ya know what I mean

I suggest some normal bikini breifs in a larger size or Hanes makes boy-short panties that I LOVE!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
MamaPajama79
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayneLeMaster View Post
I'm wanting to start looking early for maternity panties/underwear ( whatever you call them where your from lol) but needing some suggestions on comfy, non granny panties, that are affordable too, with my last preg I just bought lowcut and they went below my belly but was pretty uncomfortable as I was further along they would roll under my belly...

So any suggestions would be nice, also I am not in the same physical shape as the maternity models...so I wonder what brands fir a curvy woman they " way they are supposed to "?

Thanks

Toward the end of my last pregnancy, I just didn't care about looks. I went out and bought size 10 hi-cut grannies and loved every minute of them. They were so uber comfortable.
MamaPajama79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't wear Hanes- the give me constant wedgies- no one else has that problem?
I wear Fruit of the Loom hi-cuts in larger sizes until I get huge and then I have these 3 pairs of maternity underwear that are so comfy- I don't know what they are or I'd buy more- I have bought several packs of maternity underwear that are awful- one kind was so tight on my thighs it felt like it was cutting the circulation off, and they were my size! I have to wash underwear like every other day towards the end of my pg!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ive been wearing character panties from walmart They fit me perfectly and are cute!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #10
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought some bikini cut maternity ones from Kohls that were on clearance and some from Motherhood too. The ones from Motherhood were honestly the most comfy ones EVER!! I highly recommend them but I really don't remember the price but probably like $7ea.