Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Vax exemption questions and CPS

Ok, I hate how I am scared of being reported to CPS over our right to decline vax's for our children for, what we believe, is healthier for them and ourselves. I am sooooooooo sick of what others are deeming as better for us and feel as if we are being followed by vax' Nazi's and if we don't do it, we will be punished.

Our first encounter with filing an exemption is coming up soon for Keegan's pre-school (provided we will be able to afford it soon ) and we are a bit lost. What exemptin can we take? It's not against our religion and Virginia doesn't allow philisophical so that leaves Medical. Now, with Tiffany we have medical testing that says she has high levels of Mercury in her system but is that enough to say that ALL of our children can be covered under the Medical exemption for vax's? I would say it fits as we believe the excess of Mercury (neurotoxin) has caused her Asperger's and we certainly do NOT want our other children having that or worse!

Help please! Give us ammunition against our fears! We are afraid of being bullied or threatened. I just don't get it as this is a free country but yet we cannot chose HOW we stay healthy

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Nikel1979
Registered Users

Re: Vax exemption questions and CPS

I'm in TN, and we only have religious and medical exemptions too. I fully intend on taking a religious exemption. It's a bit of a lie, but in this case, I have no guilt about it whatsoever. I haven't done it yet, as I'm waiting to she if I'll even need it yet. (They'll be starting daycare next month when I go back to school.) From what I understand, and this may vary by state, I just go to the health department to get a form. They can NOT ask specific questions about my religion. Then I just get the form notarized. The vax boards at MDC are great. People will point you to state specific resources for getting an exemption.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

I'm pretty sure the medical exemption would only be good for your one child who was tested. You could have the others tested, though. I wish your state allowed for philosophical. That stinks. You are right. We should have the right whether or not to do this for (to?) our children. I understand public health and safety and all that but for heaven's sake, it's not like your kids are wandering around carrying typhoid and sneezing in people's faces.

Do you have a lawyer friend by any chance? Anyone like that you could run this by?

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok it is against what you believe to be right for your family. So that does "kinda" fall under religion. Ones religion only differs from what they believe. So its maybe abit of a twist but not a lie.
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #5
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftBumBaby
Do you have a lawyer friend by any chance? Anyone like that you could run this by?
No, unfortunately. I am a bit nervouse about this. NO parent should fear protecting their child from what they believe to be healthy NEVER! I don't want to be forced into giving what we beleive to be harmful, to them. Especially when we know they have a tendency for autism that will rear it's ugly head when injected with heavy metals! It's an outrage to us and a real worry.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #6
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon
ok it is against what you believe to be right for your family. So that does "kinda" fall under religion. Ones religion only differs from what they believe. So its maybe abit of a twist but not a lie.
Barbara
To protect my children, I would lie to anybody. This may have to be this way and I am positive God will forgive me for it.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
monkeytoesmama
Registered Users

I would claim religous...as pp stated, they cannot ask you about your religious beliefs, and if they should just tell them it's a private issue and you don't intend to discuss/explain your beliefs with anyone and your are legally protected from doing so.

Out of curiosity, what religion, if any, are you? I know there are websites which offer Biblical support for all branches of Christianity regardless of what your church does/does not teach, but I don't know about other religions.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
monkeytoesmama
Registered Users

Wanted to add that you shouldn't be scared. Even if someone would out of misguided but goodhearted motive report you, CPS knows the laws. There is a good chance that someone will push you towards immunizations. Be confident in your decision and tell them it's not up for discussion!

Here are a couple articles that address what constitutes "religion," and I think it can be applied to religions beyond Christianity:

http://www.vaclib.org/legal/yourrights.htm
http://www.alaskawellness.com/archives/school-vacc.htm

Have you googled "vaccination exemption letter"? Wealth of information there.

Last edited by monkeytoesmama; 07-29-2006 at 10:59 AM.
monkeytoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Exactly what everybody else said. I'm in VA, and I fully plan to claim religious IF the need ever arrises (he's going to be homeschooled and doesn't need to go to day care, so hopefully it won't be an issue). If you believe that God wants you to protect your children, and you're doing what you feel is protecting them, nobody can argue with you that it's against your religion.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #10
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

You have to claim religious, you won't qualify for medical. It's not necessarily a lie because, technically, there are religious reasons. You believe that God provided us with an adequate immune system for fighting off disease, and to pump ourselves full of disease in order to fight off disease is to not trust in Him.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote