Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
Registered Users
sooo frustrated please help.

My dd had been pt'd for a few months, pooping and everything. Well she now is pooping in her underwear 5 or 6 times a day, as much as 3 times an hour. I swear she is doing it for attention, why else would she poop that much??, she doesnt seem to be constipated the stools are loose but not runny, just normal. It seems like it all started with our car accident, thats the only thing I can think of that would make her regress. I try sooooooo hard not to get mad, but she will poop while Im standing right there, or while Im asking her to try to go on the potty. Im at my wits end, I need some advice....I dont know what to do.

beckers1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: sooo frustrated please help.

well I don't know if this will help you any. My DD did the same thing, I got fed up after about 4 or 5 days and tossed her butt back in diapers, well then she got embarassed and would not tell me that she pooped in her diaper, So she would sit in it for about an hour as I checked her hourly and found she pooped as soon as I put a clean diapers on her. She ended up with a really sore butt that was then used as a "well if you used the potty your butt would not be sore" a couple of days of that and she was back to fully potty trained.

I did notice she did this right before she made a giant leap forward in development. It was like a regression of one step prior to taking a jump, skip and a hop forward.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:19 AM   #3
Registered Users

Can't help you with the poop problem. Our dd handed my dh a big turd from her diaper once and we put he in panites and she's never had a number two accident. This also followed the time that she smeared it all over her room!

She was having a lot of pee pee accidents though, and I figured out it was just b/c she would be too invloved in playing and not want to stop, so she'd pee herself!
katherine-Waterbirthing, breastfeeding, organic eating, and cloth diapering SAHM of Hailyn 11/23/03 and Ashton 05/06/06, and madly in love wife to my hunny, Shane!
skayers01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:22 AM   #4
Registered Users

Hey beckers1111! I can totally relate! Ever since our car accident, DS #1, who has been PTd for well over a year w no accidents has been peeing in his pants. It is so frustrating! Like he is too lazy to go or he wants the negative attention???? My heart tells me to love him through this hard time. I am just going to be patient about it and go back to taking him potty every hour and making it very positive. I don't know if he is reacting to my stress or his own about the accident, but all that matters is that he is upset and really still a baby. I am just going to mommy him through this one. It is good to hear I am not the only one going through this!
I like the putting her back in diapers idea, whatever is gonna work... ya know!
Also, my chiroprator was surprised that none of us had diarreah/ consipation from the accident. I guess it is really common and has to do with being out of allignment.
GL and let us know how it goes!
Cristina- Mama to a bunch of super kids!
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote