Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Just...WOW!

Something worth watching.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/3552062

Advertisement

theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Just...WOW!

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
mom2jirms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Love it!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That was awesome. I LOVE this response to the video:

It boggles my mind that this is even an issue... it leaves me truly perplex. For those of you who have a problem with breastfeeding, could you please explain to me why you have an issue with it? Don't just say it's because it is indecent or inappropriate, please explain to me the WHY it's indecent or inappropriate. Is it because there's a breast involve? There are about 3.5 billion women on earth and they have breasts, getting away from their existence is pretty much impossible. I highly doubt that a quick occasional glimpse of a mother's breast while she's breastfeeding is going to enhance that knowledge. For a non-breastfed kid, it might bring up some questions but I think it's quite easily explained: the mommy is feeding her baby. So again, I ask you WHY? Is it because it makes YOU uncomfortable? Because no one is asking YOU to eat from a woman's breast, no is even asking you to look. It is simply a mother feeding her child, this not about you. No, they don't need to cover up. Again, the problem is with YOUR perception. Personally, I'd rather see a mother, covered or uncovered, breastfeeding her baby in public than looking at a parent bottle-feeding their child and smoking at the same time... although, I should really be grateful that they are feeding their kid because some parents don't even do that - now THAT's an issue.
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Angel89411
Banned

It's because of hearing the attitudes of people like her that I refused to be to ashamed to NIP. I was nervous many times in the beginning buti learned to do it without much show and no one ever said a thing.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411
It's because of hearing the attitudes of people like her that I refused to be to ashamed to NIP. I was nervous many times in the beginning buti learned to do it without much show and no one ever said a thing.
I've been lucky this way too! The only comments I have had from strangers were "you really should sit down!" And this was in stride rite from the employee, inviting me to take a bench. And a mom at a park who asked how long I nursed my first son for. (Nursing ds2 who is 20 months) I was really paranoid at the beginning, but did it anyways and I only bothered using a cover for the first month or so. After that, whatever a wrap didnt cover, it didn't cover!! No apologizes. I feel so sad for the ladies who get rude comments from strangers like its their business!!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was also disappointed and shocked to see the places giving a women a hard time about breastfeeding.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wow!

I am amazed that she so artistically nailed it on the head!

Last edited by dagmomma; 07-11-2013 at 09:50 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote